Sub works for 2 minutes then shuts off

ive got 61/2" mtx audios on the door that i just installed that could possibly be the problem because i put them in a week before the amp stopped working and i went to a smaller gauge wire for my amp, so could that have anything to do w/ itthe speakers are 4ohm and the subs are two 10" mtx audios, thats all i can tell you there subs dont have a model id on the bottom of the front of the sub so icant tell what model they are...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/phreezex8/vehicles/DSCF0394.jpg

thats all i can tell u is what they look like :'(
You wired the front speakers and your subs together?

To help we need MORE info. Are your speakers in any way connected to the vr amp? On the mag the sub should say dvc or svc and a number which stands for its coil config. With that info we can help alot more.

Yea, jsut seems like your amp is going to protect mode, jsut dont turn it up as loud or get a new more powerful amp, if you keep shuttin it down it will eventually fry. It happened to my friend about a month and a half ago.

are you sure its not 6000, because I have never heard of 600, the cone is silver? Find it online or take pics for us somthing, we need exact 100% sure information.

are you sure its not 6000, because I have never heard of 600, the cone is silver? Find it online or take pics for us somthing, we need exact 100% sure information.
DSCF0394.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.