Sub works for 2 minutes then shuts off

tzk0nlin3
10+ year member

YoUr FathEr
I will turn my car. Then i will turn on my stereo song w/ bass for expample -> Ludacris Rollout. The subs will work and the amp says its getting power. 2 minutes later it doesnt work. Tried a new Gauge of Ground wire, Same things happening. The Amp is shitty and the Dash unit is **** too.

Dash Sony

Amp vr3 200 watt :'( poorness

two 10" MTX audio's

I understand its not the best setup, but they were given to me for free. All the wires are on as tight as necessary. And this problem came along sincei went from torn up 4 gauge wires to nice clean setup 8 gauge wires, i went smaller gauge because the amp is only 200 watts and 8 gauge is ment for up to 350 watts. the original power and ground wires were audiobahn 4 gauge. Can anyone help me, its really bothering me

Sounds like your amp is going into protect mode, check all your grounds, make sure they are getting good contact with metal and are on tight. And also, it could be your gains are set too high causing it to go into protect mode, check out the gain setting tutorial in the amplifiers section of the forums.

the 4 gauge wires barely fit into the slot/screw part where the ground goes in. the 8 gauge fits fine, but the 8 gauge is 2 foot and the 4 gauge is 5 so i use the 5 to leave some room because the 2 is too short and its not positioned right. So yea, i use the 4 gauge, but the gain and the frequency thing on my amp doesnt seem to do anything :'(

heres the amp i have

http://www.vr-3.com/images/vr3_speakers/VRA2.0.jpg

heres the whole back thing

http://www.vr-3.com/manuals/VR3/2.0%20Amp%20Manual%20050703.swf

how r u ground to the vehicle?

Metal clamp into bolt, self tapping screw, duct tape?????

is the problem happening at all volumes??

Also, answer what jrz said

It will work for about a min or two then just doesnt work, but the power light is still on. and the subs dont work. The Subs are two 10" MTX audios in your average box. about 4-6 " apart from eachother and the amp is screwed onto the top. also, the amp isnt too hot.. i mean like just average warm i guess. The ground wire is going into the back of my S10 its extended cab, and its going into a screw onto the wall where the little gay folding seats are in and ive tried w/ my 4 gauge screwing into the bottom of the seat of my drivers side. Any ideas? and i believe its 4 ohms almost positive on that

You have yet to tell us what ohm speakers you have, single or duel VC. That amp is only 4ohm stable and if you are running it any less, you are giving that amp a stroke and its shutting down. Glad to help but More info needed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ive got 61/2" mtx audios on the door that i just installed that could possibly be the problem because i put them in a week before the amp stopped working and i went to a smaller gauge wire for my amp, so could that have anything to do w/ it

the speakers are 4ohm and the subs are two 10" mtx audios, thats all i can tell you there subs dont have a model id on the bottom of the front of the sub so icant tell what model they are...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/phreezex8/vehicles/DSCF0394.jpg

thats all i can tell u is what they look like :'(

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.