Sub wiring Q

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ganglyminnow
10+ year member

Kenwood KAC-846

Alpine 9821( now heh)

OK...I recently posted on how the audio kept cutting in and out on my friends car - both to the sub and to the front speakers.

**I disconnected the wires bridging 2 of the 4 channels to mono and the problem STOPPED - the front speakers stopped cutting in and out?!

**In addition, the subwoofer was playing vocals...which led me to believe that it wasnt bridged mono; yet I connceted the first wire to the first positive terminal, and the second wire to the second negative terminal - shouldnt that bridge it to 4ohm mono?!?

** What am I doing wrong!?

HEEELLPPP!

The KAC-846 (I have used many of this particular model unit as well as being the one that sold it to Ganglyminnow) has a selectable HP/LP filter adjustable from 50~200Hz.

My ex-landlady has one I sold her with 2 channels driving a set of Pioneer ByNines @ 4 Ohm stereo and the other two channels are bridged driving a set of Fosgate "The Punch Classic" SVC 8 Ohm 10s wired in parallel to a 4 Ohm load.

Gangly ~

You previously had the amp hooked up successfully in your G/F's ride in the same configuration. Is there anything you did differently in that install than what you've done with this current one?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.