Sub wiring, Ohms, and RMS... oh my

Ok, let's come at this from another direction. If you can't hear stereo separation below 120hz why add complexity (and more cost) to your design if you're a manufacturer? If many people who are in the market for a sub amp will be running multiple subs sharing the same airspace wouldn't they be trying to buy a product that delivers identical signal to all of the drivers?

In short, the reason nobody is offering stereo options in subwoofer systems is because nobody wants it and nobody wants it because it adds nothing but extra cost and complexity.
You're still missing the question, but it's not worth discussing any more.

Why is it any more unusual than a receiver having stereo subwoofer outputs or sub amps having stereo inputs?

Any monoblock sub amp with stereo RCA inputs is going to sum them in parallel.. Also most music has its sub-bass frequencies mixed on each channel equally anyway...

Given if you have different bass tracks going on between Left & Right channels, you will not be able to discern a difference until the drivers are at least 1/4 wavelength separated from one another... At 340m/s at 100 hHz you would need a minimum distance of 0.858 meters before you could possibly discern between what Left and Right channels are playing...

It might be significant in a club, or outdoor venue... but not in your vehicle, and probably not significant in your house either...

I hope that Clarifies things for you.

Any monoblock sub amp with stereo RCA inputs is going to sum them in parallel.. Also most music has its sub-bass frequencies mixed on each channel equally anyway...

Given if you have different bass tracks going on between Left & Right channels, you will not be able to discern a difference until the drivers are at least 1/4 wavelength separated from one another... At 340m/s at 100 hHz you would need a minimum distance of 0.858 meters before you could possibly discern between what Left and Right channels are playing...

It might be significant in a club, or outdoor venue... but not in your vehicle, and probably not significant in your house either...

I hope that Clarifies things for you.
I'm getting the feeling he is just being purposefully obtuse for the sake of arguing about something.

I'm getting the feeling he is just being purposefully obtuse for the sake of arguing about something.
I don't say something isn't worth discussing when i want to argue. I didn't ask you to babble about why there's generally no need for stereo low frequency channels. I asked you, "Why is it ANY MORE UNUSUAL than a receiver having stereo subwoofer outputs or sub amps having stereo inputs?" You couldn't or wouldn't answer it and instead chose to ramble on a tangent. That's your deficiency, not mine.

sub amps having stereo inputs?
For people who just use "rear" channels of entry level head units, LOCs, or even just Y splitter off of really cheap head units with only one pair of RCA outs or people who use a multichannel amp that sums 1-4 signals to the sub channel in the pre-amp or for people who use a 4 channel amp with a sub out from it's summed signals or what's left over after being crossed at the pre-amp.

a receiver having stereo subwoofer outputs
Assuming those outs have a crossover throughpass feature they could just as easily be used for some other purpose downstream. I've seen plenty of head units with only a single subwoofer out and before assuming any of them with two RCAs out even had stereo separation I'd be testing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...