Sub suggestions... parameters included...

I can definitely tell I've been out of touch with car audio for a number of years.

Never heard of Oz Audio... checking them out now... thanks Hundreth.

audiolife... when you say alignment of .7... educate me on this... or point me to a learning area.

Thanks!

basically around 2 cubes for that driver sealed. id prolly lean it to 2.2 cft line the box with some fiber glass insulation (back wall) then about 2 pounds of fiberfill. it changes character pretty well.

Hmmm... I almost hit it head on then... it's in a 2.12ft^3 box with exactly 2lbs of fiberfill... but no fiberglass on the back wall... what does that do?

One thing we did was fire the sub down... the box is mounted behind the seat... amps on front behind the seats.... nothing on back so that it looks harmless... three inch space between bottom of box and dynamatted trunk... legs on outside with opening to the front and rear.

Is there better response... or should I say cleaner response by firing the sub fully into the trunk? ... Or maybe sealing off either the front or rear side of the three inch opening? Back of the Camry rear seats are solid thick metal.

i would fire it backwards. im not saying its perfect sound but its far far from bad. one of my friends has a berretta we did that to. imo it sounds better than alot of w7's i have heard but not as impactful and imo it eats w3's. the bass pretty flat to and conservitive gains. when i hear a w7 in a comp set up i might change my mind but as of yet all i hear are air farts lol. 2 vehicles done in ohio i havent heard yet but the w7's floating around up here are poop set ups.

Hmmm... I almost hit it head on then... it's in a 2.12ft^3 box with exactly 2lbs of fiberfill... but no fiberglass on the back wall... what does that do?
One thing we did was fire the sub down... the box is mounted behind the seat... amps on front behind the seats.... nothing on back so that it looks harmless... three inch space between bottom of box and dynamatted trunk... legs on outside with opening to the front and rear.

Is there better response... or should I say cleaner response by firing the sub fully into the trunk? ... Or maybe sealing off either the front or rear side of the three inch opening? Back of the Camry rear seats are solid thick metal.
you did what would be done in a convertable.....the loading board gives it umphhhh

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.