Sub suggestion for mtx slh12u

Participant count
  • Participant list

bloedboer

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sub suggestion for mtx slh12u enclosure

I am currently running a kicker cvr 12d4 in a mtx slh12u enclosure on a rockford r2-500x1. Amp is certified at 636 watts rms. I am thinking about replacing the kicker cvr with a sundown e12 v3 or a DD 612e. Sundown rated at 500 rms and the DD is rated inbetween 500-800.

I think my question is what to expect sq/spl wise changing from one to the other?

Currently the kicker is playing about 236 rms more than rated for but seems to do allright. Amp was tuned with 40hz -5 db and rockford’s clean setup.

Link to the enclosure: https://www.mtxaudio.eu/products/slh/

Thanks in advance!

Prefab boxes are horrible and if they say 36hz I and others would be willing to bet it is closer to at least 40hz if not higher. Subwoofers always do better in a box designed exactly for them vs some prefab that is a universal setup. And if you are sticking to a single subwoofer then a D2 would be better IF your amplifier can run at 1 ohm so you can get more power out of it.

Also looking at that link the one box says 38hz so yeah figure higher then that if MTX is putting out those specs on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...