sub/port direction

I have same truck almost. Past few years I have had my subs facing back with port up. Many different number and size subs. It hits very hard. I removed my rear carpet on back of cab, deadened the wall very good, covered whole wall with a piece of MDF then reinstalled my carpet. My thinking was to give the sub a nice wall to load off of.

With my ultras and pair of 2ks strapped it was very brutal very close to too painful.

I am now in the process of revamping system and thinking of going with a larger port and bigger box. SUB UP PORT UP.

I have same truck almost. Past few years I have had my subs facing back with port up. Many different number and size subs. It hits very hard. I removed my rear carpet on back of cab, deadened the wall very good, covered whole wall with a piece of MDF then reinstalled my carpet. My thinking was to give the sub a nice wall to load off of. With my ultras and pair of 2ks strapped it was very brutal very close to too painful.

I am now in the process of revamping system and thinking of going with a larger port and bigger box. SUB UP PORT UP.
The increase in sound was from you deadening and getting rid of some flex. The port is what needs to be loaded not the sub. Most of the sound comes from port in a ported box. Well pressure I guess that's the best way I can explain it.

Sounds like it would technically be better bouncing off the rear wall. My issue is its really choking out the port. There isn't much room back there for it to breath. I'm wanting to move more air for better hairtricks.

My current box is now subs up, port up. 13 cube after all displacement tuned to 32 hz with 180 inches of port. This sounds the best for me thus far. I do have my whole truck deadened good. At full tilt on heavy bass songs I can start to hear my roof which I don't like.

Did port forward. Got way more windshield flex, visor flex and the high notes don't **** power now. But now the lows aren't as good and the lows **** power.. But it sounds better. Not sure if I like it or not

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.