New here i need a little help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Big'n

Hey guys. Ive been building car audio for about 20 years. Just got back in to it in the last couple weeks. Im old school lol. Heres what I'm running

Vehicle 2002 s-10 extra cab. With third door

4 sony high current 2 channel 1 ohm stable amps on mids an highs

2 crossfire BMF 1000 d mono blocks

2 Death Penalty 18's

4 kenwood 5.25 coax

8 Kenwood 6.5 coax

2 sets kenwood 6.5 comp

2 Kenwood 4x6

Kenwood KFC-x399 head unit

Everything but the head unit and subs are old they still work great just not new

I have the subs in a slot port enclosure with just under 15 cubic feet of air space. Everything works great sound clear all up until i turn my subs on. Even with sub level control at -15 on head unit an bass amps level just under half way the subs drown out my mids n highs. I have no more room for more mid drivers. I understand kenwood coax are not the best drivers i can use i know this. But 16 mids 4 tweeters ?? I should be able to hear them. Outside of the truck ive walked the full length of my farm almost 90 acres an i can hear the mids n highs great but in the truck its like i just have the deck pushing them lol. My wife says that ive built up a tolerance over the years an my ears just block it out lmao. Any ideas ? Any suggestions ? It just doesnt seem loud to me.

Sorry not sure on what series the mids n highs are or the sony amps ive had them close to 20 years

you need better speakers, and power them with the right amp ( power )

you dont need all them speakers. and im thinking your getting cancellation with all those different size/type of speakers.

im running...

4- tweeter . 2 in each a-piller

4- 6.5" . 2 in each door

4-8" . 2 in each door.

i have a 2door s10 blazer .

right now i have 1- 15" sub and i can hear my mids and highs clear, and are loud as shitt.

also remember the install is 80-90% . if you install them right, you will get loud.

im talking treat your doors, sound deaden,, mlv,, ect....

Speakers can be drowning out when the doors are closed. Because they are being blocked by the seats Possible cancellation. But I don't think so if they can be heard far away with the doors open

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.