Sub isn't working

Participant count
  • Participant list

LeX
10+ year member

Nissan by Nature
Atlanta, GA
Alright here's the deal.

This morning i deattached my old gear and hooked the new stuff up.

Simply unhooked the power, rem(sp) and ground cables, unhooked the front and rear RCA inputs, etc.

Hooked up new amp and sub, put all the cables in the right spots, and it isn't making any sound.

It's a jl12w6 and a jbl 600.1 amp.

Why am i not getting any sound? I just switched the stuff around.

I heard that when the JBL amp is on, the symbol on it is supposed to light up, but it's not. Could that be the problem? Otherwise could the sub be broken?

Any ideas?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Everyone I found the problem it's the RCA cables, I had my electrician mate have a look and he pulled one of the cords halfway out and the subs...
thanks DB, that definitely helps swallowing a $300 price tag 😂 these would essentially be running midbass for me too
What is your budget? With being exposed to Rain.. I would recommend looking at a marine grade SAS Bazooka for the sub stage
Don't forget Hoffman's Iron Law. You can have 2 of the 3: low end, efficiency/sensitivity or small enclosure size...
In that airspace you could go ported with th Si SQL 12@$369, hands down the best option in a 1.41 ported box. With 1000 watts RMS and 92 db...

About this thread

LeX

10+ year member
Nissan by Nature
LeX
Atlanta, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date