Sub Install prob -- help

Poundin'Metal
10+ year member

Young Buck
cali
I just got a subzone ported/vented box for 2 kicker L7's -- no carpenter here so I just bought it.

Anyway, I have the 2 ohm DVC model. I know I want to wire them to present a 2 ohm load. However -- the box vent runs right through the middle. Do I drill two holes through it to run the subs in parallel??? Is there some other way to connect the subs together? Would the wire running throught the port not cause a problem -- vibrating and stuff. Help me out. My amp is coming this week and I want to be ready to strap it on and ride.

Also, what is a linedriver for???

The amp is a MTX 1500D -- mono. So, how do I wire the subs (2 ohm DVC) up to present a single load for the amp (the end resistance needs to be 2 Ohms) I saw the pics in teh sticky -- just wondering if I am supposed to drill through the port to run the wires to one terminal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.