Sub in the corner of the trunk?

Participant count
  • Participant list

GregFarz78
10+ year member

PA
Anyone running with this setup? I'm curious b/c a friend of mine knows a local guy that will build a custom fiberglass enclosure that will fit perfect in the corner of the trunk and blend in with the carpeting. I'm just wondering about the sound asthetics of this setup. Would it sound bad with just a single 12 in one corner of the trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

My friend has a setup just like that, sounds good:cool:

just make sure it has the right airspace that it needs and you should be fine.

Ok my next question is how do they make boxes like that? Do they build a box to spec out of MDF then fiberglass around it to make it look nice in the corner of the trunk?

every car is different in the way the sub will sound given its location and direction. making a small sealed box and placing it in different locations in the trunk is the best way i know to determine how it will sound once installed.

how do they build it?? in most applications, the only mdf will be used for the ring that the sub attaches to. Plastic is layed over the area to be glassed and then its time to glass it all in. building layer on layer of resin and fiberglass mesh until a desired thickness is reached and the desired shape is there. takes a bit of practice and is a bit more complex then my description but hopefully you get the drift.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.