Sub box design for a 10" 1998 Orion HCCA

Participant count
  • Participant list

jockhater2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
This is for my brother. He is going to have the box built by a local shop. But they won't do it unless he has the manufacturer specifications for this sub. Which I think might be impossible to find considering it is 15 years old.

So. Would someone on here be willing to make me a design ($20 or whatever it costs) for this box? He has 2 aero ports lying around that we want to use. I can get you the length and size of those. Or he can get new ones.

Only requirements are. He is keeping his electrical all stock. So he needs the box to be very efficient. The amp he has does 1600 @ 2 ohms. But he won't be running 1600 as his stock alt won't be able to handle that. So we really want the box to be efficient. Loud on 500 or 1000 watts.
For tuning. I was thinking 34-35 hertz. He listens to a lot of Deadmau5, pink floyd and other rock/EDM music. And I was thinking 1.5ft3 after displacement? but I am not sure.
Also. A flush mount would be really nice. Birch wood
Car. 1991 BMW 525i
1 Red top
stock alternator
1 exile 2400.1 (Running @ 2 ohms with the gain wherever his electrical will keep up with it)

@dbeez ;
@pro\-rabbit ; @Buck ; @double 07 ;

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess so. If he needs a different size. That is not a problem. Just point me where to get it and what size. He has 2 of the 3" aeros.

We just hooked up the amp. And because he doesn't like turning is HU up very loud. The bass never gets very loud. So an efficient box is a must.

IMG_0289_zpscf4f4028.jpg

IMG_0288_zpsa601eecf.jpg

IMG_0287_zps570c7ded.jpg

IMG_0285_zps7a3e4c97.jpg

IMG_0286_zps935ef6ac.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.