stupid dodge doors

Participant count
  • Participant list

kizz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
omaha, ne
Ok, so i have a 97 dodge stratus. i bought 6.5 inch jl xr components and as far as mounting them, well its retarded. The way this car is designed you don't mount the speaker to the door itself, but to the door panel with an adapter which then screws into the door. the adapter is too tall so the cover doesn't fit over the speaker without the surround hitting it. so i have to make new ones. well, my question is.......

should i cut an opening in the door panel, mount the speaker to the actual door an then screw the panel on the door. would i benefit from that? i would think it would be a much better air tight seal. i have plenty of depth so that is not an issue. but should i hack up my door? the speaker covers on the panel will cover up any hole that i make.

wat does everyone think?

Yes, cut holes as needed.

Look what I did to my camry in the name of quality audio

PowerlineCS%20DoorPanelsRight1.jpg

PowerlineCS%20DoorPanelsRight2.jpg

Though i've since made it a bit prettier and done a little trimming //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

thank you guys for the advice. looks like ill be cutting my doors lol. fortunately for me my factory speaker covers will hide any hole that i cut //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ill be posting pics as soon as i get time to get started. gonna start my first ever build log

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.