Strapping Amps?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Winter_C
10+ year member

Teh Pinto Driver
Ok, I am not here to have kids flame me for not knowing how to do this, I'm sure I can figure it out but I would rather not fry something in the process....

I have two Kicker KX1200.1's and I am running 3 P3's in my CRX right now, and its at 2.67 ohms right now, I am running it on one amp right now, so I am only pushing like ~550RMS to all 3....If I strap that other amp to it, I would be pushing ~1100 correct? And If this is the case, Exactly what do I do? Just run a power into each, and negative into each, and use the cord that is actully the strapping cord for them? And Do I put the Sub wire in both amps? or just in 1 and they feed off that? If someone could clear this up, I would be very appreciative. And my amp strapping port looks like its a Headphone jack, is that what it is? or is it a special cable?

each amp would be seeing 1.33ohms instead of the 2.67ohms so your power would greatly increase.

im not familiar with these amps but when i strapped some hifonics amps, i ran + and - to both, a remote wire to both, the strapping cable(mine was a rca) and then the sub was wired sub + to amp 1 +, sub - to amp 2 +, amp1 - to amp2 -

each amp would be seeing 1.33ohms instead of the 2.67ohms so your power would greatly increase.
im not familiar with these amps but when i strapped some hifonics amps, i ran + and - to both, a remote wire to both, the strapping cable(mine was a rca) and then the sub was wired sub + to amp 1 +, sub - to amp 2 +, amp1 - to amp2 -
you did + wire to + in amp 1, and - wire to + in amp 2?...How does that work?...you just confused me hardcore

So both the - and + off the sub will be running to a + on an amp? well one to each amp...and then just - to - on one amp from the other...So i will be running at 1.33 ohms on each amp, meaning I will be running ~1000 RMS on each amp...correct?

They would remain wired the same way they are right now:Rockford Fosgate® - Woofer WiringWizard

However, the positive wire running to the subs will be connected to the positive terminal on one amp, and the negative wire running to the subs will be connected to the negative terminal of the other amp.
Wow....Which is why i quoted the guy above and called him out, so he is wrong another words. so i will have only two wires running still, I know i dont have to rewired the subs, i understand that, but basically i just run the + to amp 1 and - to amp 2....I dont have to run any other wires from one amp to the other? Aside from the cord that straps them, which i believe is a headphone jack cord....but will it cut the ohms in half like the other kid said? Will i be at 1.33 ohms an amp? or will i sitll be at 2.67?....

Can anyone confirm this to make sure its right so I dont end up messing something up? Because from what i understand, I just hook the power and ground up to each amp like normal, and the rem...But I just run my + from sub to amp 1 and my - from sub to amp 2 right? and the Strapping wire of course....So i will have one terminal empty on each amp?...and for the rem, i can just run a wire from amp 1 to amp 2 instead of running two rems from deck right?

this is how i had mine strapped

hifonics.png

sub + to amp 1 +, sub - to amp 2 +, amp 1 - to amp 2 -

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.