Store Vs. Online?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheJuggla1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Surrey BC
I know a lot of people here like buying online, but I never had. I bought pretty much a whole set up from a store and online I could buy it for probably like 1/3 of what I paid, even though I haggled them down like $700.

I like the online prices, but how safe is it? What are good sites? What if my Speaker/Sub/Amp doesn't work properly would I get screwed or do they usually give warranties? Do I have to pay shipping for bad merchandise? What are good sites in case any/all of the above happens?

the sites that are safe are pretty easy to tell

I mean you can tell if someone put time into thier site

you can also call them and see if a person actually answers

sonic electronicx is really good, they have great closeout prices and are autorized on most stuff

the BEST online is probably crutchfield. When you buy a radio more than $129 you get a free dash kit and a wiring harness (for most cars)

The majority of the stuff is retail price but they have EXCELLENT customer service. They have always made every transaction right, so right I have kpet going back for 10 years now.

if your talking about some random site that looks fishy.....it probably is

the best thing to do is to call and speak to someone, make sure they have it in stock.

Well is ebay an ok place? I looked at those sites and the sub I was thinking about buying(I always wanted to get this sub for luls) is the solo x 18, I see it listed at like $1500 on those sites, but like ebay KICKER S18X SOLO X 18" SUB CAR AUDIO SPL SUBWOOFER NEW : eBay Motors (item 400114289400 end time May-08-10 19:23:24 PDT) has it for only like $750 saying it is new with warrenty Where he has 99% Feedback and 100071 positive raiting, it would be ok to buy from a store like his? But why is this price low compared to the other sites?

Well is ebay an ok place? I looked at those sites and the sub I was thinking about buying(I always wanted to get this sub for luls) is the solo x 18, I see it listed at like $1500 on those sites, but like ebay KICKER S18X SOLO X 18" SUB CAR AUDIO SPL SUBWOOFER NEW : eBay Motors (item 400114289400 end time May-08-10 19:23:24 PDT) has it for only like $750 saying it is new with warrenty Where he has 99% Feedback and 100071 positive raiting, it would be ok to buy from a store like his? But why is this price low compared to the other sites?
That eBay seller IS an online car audio store. Its hifisoundconnection, they're an online retailer like sonic electronix and crutchfield as mentioned above. They just use eBay as another source of selling their product.

It'd be safe to buy from them, yes.

thats the big issue with online shopping

They say 1 year warranty or whatever, but they dont say who the warranty is though.

The store may cover the warranty but they wont cover much. A sub just doesnt mess up. It usually user error.

If the store you buy it from it not authorized kicker is going to send your sub back to you or have you pay out of pocket.

basically if you buy it on ebay - no warranty. Not always, but most of the time

thats the big issue with online shopping
They say 1 year warranty or whatever, but they dont say who the warranty is though.

The store may cover the warranty but they wont cover much. A sub just doesnt mess up. It usually user error.

If the store you buy it from it not authorized kicker is going to send your sub back to you or have you pay out of pocket.

basically if you buy it on ebay - no warranty. Not always, but most of the time
It says Auth Kicker Dealer and Kicker Warranty, its just how they can sell it for a 1/3 of the price that anyone else lists it for just seems kinda weird to me. What do you guys think?

They could be pulling a Woofers Etc. and be lying about being an "authorized" retailer. Don't get me wrong, Woofers Etc. is authorized to sell some of the products they carry... In their store... but they are NOT authorized to sell certain lines online... like Rainbow!

General rule of thumb before you order from a site google there site name in a couple different configs depending what comes up go from there...For instance dealer cost has pages of neg feedback

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.