Store bought CDs vs Burnt?

Foote
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Is there any difference? As far as bass goes in subs? Between a Store Bought CD like say triple 6 for example an album vs. just burning the songs to your own cd?

Will it effect loudness and quality?

Just wondering..

yes. i have burned songs that were like 128 or so, and as soon as i listened to the same song that was recorded in 256kbps i also **** myself.

burn v0 mp3 files...or at THE LEAST nothing less than 192kbps, and you will be fine. i stick with the v0 files though as on the dynamic ranges its usally around 400+kbps...you will not notice a difference if you do this.

yes.
burn v0 mp3 files...or at least nothing less than 192kbps, and you will be fine. i stick with the v0 files though as on the dynamic ranges its usally around 400+kbps...you will not notice a difference if you do this.
hm...well...im not sure what you mean by v0?

Yes, sound quality will most likely be sacrificed through burning a cd..

Not so much bass an/or loudness, but sound quality will be lost.

mmhm. Most of the time if you listen real hard you can hear a lot of static as well... guess if the bass is cranked you wont hear much of that tho... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Downloaded MP3's usually **** compared to what I heard on a normal store bought CD.. Unless I hit the Powerball I am gonna have to deal with it though because I can't imagine what 5,000 songs would have cost me in the store.

oink + legit v0 files or flac files = where its at

i cannot tell an audible difference between store bought and properly ripped v0 or flac files (flacs are lossless btw, so in reality you have an exact copy anyways)

v0 has been noted as better than a 320kbps file, do to the way the variable bit rate works.

FLAC ftw

I've encoded all my CDs (about 400 albums) to FLAC (single files w/ CUE sheets) to retain a *master* collection.

Then, I transcoded the FLAC files to 192kbps AAC (m4a) to put on my iPod, burn CDs, etc.

It takes up some extra room having my collection at lossless (FLAC) and lossy (AAC), but storage is so cheap, why not?

Can someone tell me, in simple terms, how FLAC can compress a file and not lose any information?

I agree that storage is cheap. What is the size difference with the same song as a wav, as flac, and a 192kb mp3?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.