stolen

beastyle
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Yesterdaynight I stayed with my girl in Den Hague (bigger city in NL) and went there with the civic who has an alarm.

I dont know how late it happened but my side window on the left side was smashed and my 12" ti elite PG sub was stolen, the octane which was integrated in the floor of the trunk was completely fawked up meaning the octane was taken out and the install was completely ruined (scratches all over the place, hole in floor plate and carpet was completely loose).

I'm pretty SET UP about this **** but luckely am well insured and will get the materials back, not the hours. The wicked thing about the theft is that the car alarm did not go off and ALL electrical systems are fried, KLPD (local authority's who are investigating the theft) is guessing that the theft was done by releasing an EM (electromagnetic puls) on the car, they thought so because they had 9 similar thefts in that neighborhood recently.

My question is if anybody has experienced a theft like this before and if there are alarms which can handle that EM thing (i'm not familar with what an EM puls would do, confused)

Please gimme info on this crap couz I really dont want to install my civic over and over again...

No more peace, only more bullets

I have never actually seen an EMP used for that but I was discussing it with a friend of mine who says that whenever he uses a certain function on his handheld ham radio it emits a low strength EMP and confuses the power supply on his computer and makes it reset itself. Basically what an EMP does is confuse (can fry if it is strong enough) the crap out of any electrical systems and/or computer systems that happen to be close enough to it. What I would suggest you do is look into what sort of shielding people use to protect against EMP. I believe certain materials can block it so it may be possible to build something to encase your alarm and quite possibly the ECU on your car to protect against it.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

kAiReL

Originally posted by beastyle Yesterdaynight I stayed with my girl in Den Hague (bigger city in NL) and went there with the civic who has an alarm.

I dont know how late it happened but my side window on the left side was smashed and my 12" ti elite PG sub was stolen, the octane which was integrated in the floor of the trunk was completely fawked up meaning the octane was taken out and the install was completely ruined (scratches all over the place)

I cant sympathise enough beastyle:( .......thieves like that should have their hands chopped off like in Afghanista or some ****, that way the'l think again before ruining somebody's hard earned property......a$$holes.

Can anyone explain this signal **** to me in plain simple 'this is how u explain it to a dumba$$' type oif way as Ivenever heard of this one.......Audiolife perhaps???

this guy is in so much trouble if I would ever found out who he was but the chances to that are like ground zero

The materials that are lost dont really matter, it ***** that somebody WHO CANT KEEP THEIR HANDS OF SOMEBODY ELSES HARDLY EARNED ELECTRONICS... ruining months of work on coating, sealing, wiring, changing, changing, expanding and changing they take it out and sell it for crap to the nearest pondshop so they can get their next fawking shot... sad but true

I was called today by my insurance agent which covers all losses above 175 euro but the time spend remains lost

Audiolife: I have had alternator problems when planting in the octane so I added an extra battery which also was integrated in the trunk, it ran parallel with the other alternator and the octane and the alarm system where on that battery. I dont know if our alarm classes are the same as in the states, but mine was a class III

I had two small blue neon strips on the window wipers and these are also broke, even the small light above my license plate was broke. I kinda (think) understand the idea of an EMP but i'm thinking like... HOW can this exist, isnt this like mayhemm to us car freaks ? I'm really going to look into it but i'm guessing it would work on much expensiver alarms to (considering it seems you can eliminate any electronic device in the car)

anyway, it just ***** when somebody takes your stuff

oh, forgot to add

The reason i'm so confused about what they are saying that it could have been an EMP **** thingie which makes no sense because they would have used it to get rid of the alarm meaning they did so before they entered the car... All was fried so if the above would be so then wouldnt my amps and **** be fried to ?

jtmoney: thanks for the sympathies, if the cops catch the guy i'll tell them to send him to texas, i believe the death penalty still goes there. I just hope that one day he wakes up and walks to whatever his hobby is and finds out that his work and his sweat is down the toilet couz somebody wanted some parts of it. (i'm very much in chopping the hands of to, dont think they will learn any other way)

If I would have been a burgelar then I would still leave boomcars alone, they earn respect, not for the sound but for the install

RE5PEKT

(HYPOTHESISING)If they directed it at the front of the car where the alarm is most likely to be and had it calibrated so that it created a small field but a strong enough one to fry the systems and alarm then it is possible but I think it depends on the amp. If it uses mostly analog components and doesn't have computer chips and such on the board I don't think it would be affected by it. Mine (Alpine Accu-class D Monoblock) is all digital so I think if they tried it on mine, they might as well forget about it. (END HYPOTHESIS)

Plus, what does it matter to them if it doesn't work? THEY didn't pay for it......

Oh, chopping hands? Nah, I can think of better pieces of him to hack off.......slowly

Didn't you say that it was only your sub that was stolen. I've never seen someone just steal a sub, unless the amps were just super hard to get to. Maybe they already accounted for fried amps, whether they actually got fried or not.

The best we can do is look out for eachothers stuff. We've only got about 1 in 25,000 or so chance of seeing our own stuff getting stolen, but a better chance of seeing someone else's. The problem is us real audiophiles don't typically see or hear anything, its those ****it regular people who won't give as much as a "hey" screamed out the window or call the cops. We have so much built up anger about the subject that many of us would have done VERY awful things to the guy who took YOUR stuff if we had been lucky enough to see it happen.

9 thefts in the same neighborhood recently and it happened again? The police should have set up an officer there as well as sending patrols thru. Let there be 9 thefts in my neighborhood, people are going to get fired because I'm reporting their lack of action to the local TV station. A little bad publicity always gets people fired in the states, lol. Not to mention the fact that I would be hanging out on the porch with my gun every night, waiting for someone suspicious to shoot. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I shouldn't be saying anything on this matter as I'd hate for this idea to be used by any passerby reading, but talk has spread about thieves using tazers set at maximum to send a voltage spike through the vehicle to blow out the attached electrical components. A device solely designed to release a pure EMP would be out of the price range of a common thief, and from what I've seen is pretty uneven in saturation, so its likely that any cars nearby would have been damaged at the same time. A voltage surge such as what has been described is completely plausible though. I can't testify to the validity of the content, as I do not spend my time breaking into cars to see if this is feasable.

Ways to prevent this with your next alarm is to have a dedicated backup battery for your alarm alone, with an isolater installed along with it- diode protect any output lines for the alarm, and seek professional assistance on any further ideas and solutions to the matter. The input lines into the alarm are going to be the primary concern, I'd say that the usage of a small capacitor to absorb the brief spike in the line may resolve the issue, but I can't attest to it.

Sorry about what happened. I've never had anything stolen from me, but I know it *****. Then they go out and sell something you paid $400 for, and they sell it for a quick $50. Anyhow, what you are talking about sounds very familiar, I don't know for sure if this zaps your entire electrical system, but I do know that a guy I know in the security field, told me when he was in his teens, that he would hook up a pair of battery cables to a strong electrical source, zap the car, and the alarm would be fried. If it was true, which I don't doubt him, then it is definitely a cheaper way of doing the job, either way, there was definitely a large amount of electricity sent through your car. My question to you is, were you playing the system loud when you rolled up in the neighbor hood, does your car have anything on it that gives away the system. In bigger cities you really have to watch out, theives are more experienced, and they know what to look for.

The sub AND the octane was taking out, I mentioned them apart because the sub was a plain sealed box with one 12" in it but the octane was between my double floor plates, one is the default floor plate and the other is a plexiglass plate which was coated on most sides except the mid section so that you could still see the octane

The sub is no loss because there wasnt a lot of time spend on that, just a plain box with a plain sub... the octane was nicely installed and my best guess is that it was pulled out which caused most of the damage

this will be my last post about it, I dont know who did it, I dont know how it was done, all i know is that my work is stolen from me and that the money i'm going to receive from the insurance company is not enough to cover all AND i've got to wait for it for about 3 or 4 months which sux because I just started renting a condo which I'm decorating and already has eaten up most of my money meaning i cant put real stuff in for some months.

an EMP or electromagnetic pulse basically fries everything electronic within a radius detirmined by its power source capabilities. It is a real thing and is out there. I myself have never seen a unit but I do know they have been made before. (If you have seen the Matrix, during the end when the sentinals are ripping through the ship, after Neo awakens they let lose an EMP and thats what fries the sentinals.)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.