stock radio remote wire?

xShoWTeKx
10+ year member

Drop Bass Not Bombs
Greer S.C.
ok doing this today and ive been looking all morning for factory wiring diagrams and i cant find ****. so if anybody can tell me the color of the signal wire from the radio or another option that doesnt make me turn of the amp with a switch every time it would be greatly appreciated

Your stock radio doesn't have an amp turn on wire because it wasn't designed to be used with an amp. You need to find some other wire that's only live when the car is on which should be fairly easy. Easiest thing to do is tap into one of the fuses in your fuse box, windshield wiper fuse, or headlights, etc, just make sure the fuse has 12V when the car is on and 0V when the car is off (which you can verify with a DMM)

Or find the wire labeled: Power Antenna, as this is basically the remote wire.
AMAGAWD 100thpost :/
Not a good idea, generally when people hook into the power antenna wire they can't run there amps when listening to a cd because the HU will kill the power to that wire when the tuner isn't in use.

funniest thing i have read lately, the antenna remote only works when radio is on fm/am. so unless you want the amp to only work when listening to radio stations disregard this guy.

this is almost sig worthy.

OP just use either the switched ignition for the radio or an accessory on the fuse panel (do not push the fuse with the wire into the fuse panel)

Not a good idea, generally when people hook into the power antenna wire they can't run there amps when listening to a cd because the HU will kill the power to that wire when the tuner isn't in use.
and cherokees don't have power antennas either..... so he is wrong on both counts lolz

BG has the solution you need just trust in the Gumper...

Get one of these at AutoZone & add it to your fuse box located under the dash, next to the hood release. Use a DMM or test light to find a fuse with 12V switched power, place the existing fuse in the first slot, & add a 10A fuse to the back slot that has the lead coming off it. Then all you have to do is run the remote turn-on wire to the fuse box & crimp onto the lead. This keeps everything clean, no factory wires are hacked, & you have easy access to the fuse....also makes removing it entirely very easy....last I checked they were like $5 at AutoZone, well worth it imo.

3c2dce34-cf0b-43a1-aabf-d886ccd13aad.JPG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.