Stock mounting brackets not compatible with new stereo

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rick999

I bought a Pioneer DEH-S5000BT stereo for my 1997 Toyota Tercel. The product description said that this stereo fits my Tercel. The installation instructions say to use the stock mounting brackets.

With the mounting brackets installed the length from the end of the bracket to the face of the stereo is too long. So the stereo sticks out too far when mounted, and I can't install the plastic molding piece that covers the stereo and the stock radio attached to the stereo. The stock brackets are too short.

Are brackets available that would make this stereo fit my car? Thanks for any replies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Yep, that will mark the third iteration of teh X series. i figured that was in the loop as they have been running out of stock on the last...
That is the perfect spot to do that. OEM sub may interfere with the new one and cause cancellation.
Those NVX are very good indeed. I only have a leftover set because they were originally going into my brothers restomod 68 Chevelle SS and we...
Could not tell you, but you may want to start by going to crutchfield and get a consensus on the 7 or so replacements they recommend. That average...
As for a coned speakers (woof, midbass, mid) driver polarity, a common household D cell battery works great. Connect the batter to wires, touch...

About this thread

Rick999

Rick999
Costa Mesa, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Rick999