stock hu need small amp advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

dspencer24
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys long time no post, so I have been out of car audio for a a few years since my car was broken into las time and id like to jump back into it. The car is a mazda 3 hatchback non bose and I am keeping the stock head unit.

Speakers -

- front will be id cxs 64

- rears stock for now

Amp?

sub ?

Im trying to keep everything hidding and as stock looking as possible not sure on the amp id like to use but id like it to be small. I have been looking at kenwood excelon xr 400-4 and the xr 900-5

and the ppi 900.4 and the .5 and maybe the jbl ms8 for processing and loc. The sub will go into an audio intergrations sub box prolly gonna be a idq 10 or jl10w3 or boston g5. Going for mainly sq and more enjoyable time driving.

Not sure on amps or how many channels I need. PLease help advise. Thanks

I recommend a 5-channel amplifier so you can run the components active and the sub off the mono channel. The rear speakers can be powered by MS-8. You'll have the potential for some really suprisingly good sound out of a system like this, especially because of what MS-8 is capable of. Use the money saved by not buying a second amplifier to go toward acoustic treatments. I have experimented with a number of methods and products and I strongly recommend at least following the principles of various treatments as shown on Welcome to Sound Deadener Showdown | Sound Deadener Showdown

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.