stock head unit with ten inch sub question

Participant count
  • Participant list

alrhyme

i currently have a ten inch JL in my trunk with a stock head unit in my hyundai elantra. i was wondering if by using this stock system with the sub and amp i do not get all of the low frequencies compared to using with my alpine unit that is not installed yet?

when i bump tracks right now most sound pretty good compared to my old setup when i had my alpine in my old car but its hard for me to gauge. any input is greatly appreciated.. thank you

i'm not sure.. i got the alpine installed today but they didn't run the rca's to the amp i guess so it still doesn't sound that good. it sounds a little distorted and i think the lower frequencies are not coming through accurately. I remember in my old car with the same setup the sides of my car would shake and i could feel the bass all around me even with just the ten inch on certain beats. now the bass sounds sharper and not as full.

they want to charge me 30 bucks to put in the rca's to the amp so i can control the sub with the alpine.. do you think this will make it sound better?

yo Louisiana_CRX, how much should the rcas cost? dude at the shop said the rca's alone cost $30 and he would put them in for free...

if i put them in myself once i connect the rca from back of the radio to the amp will it automatically play or do i need to change something with the way they installed it without the rca's?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.