Stock battery dimming (OUT) --> (NEW) kinetik hc800 dimming too??

Participant count
  • Participant list
this is my very first post on this page so hello to the people im about to meet :)

First of all let me tell you what do i have on my system..

Kenwood KDC-HD548U

2 5's hifonics zeus component sets (

(speakers are running directly from the stereo)

Stinger SVMB

Pioneer GM-5300T (wired to 380rms mono style)

2 12's MTX Blue thunder 75-250rms each 8ohm each sub wired down to 4ohm at mono to my amp

SoundStream Bx-10x blue led epicenter (lights upgraded by me)

Kinetik HC800

Pyramid ps-21kx (converted to 30amps)

so here i go

my power supply is like my alternator in this case since i have my system at home

before the kinetik i used to have a stock car battery and volts dropped down from 14.0-11.3

so i bought the kinetik thinkin it would help and it did a difference in sound and especially in the epicenter

but voltage drops down from 14.1-12.3 sometimes it will go down to 11.5! D:

im always using my power supply and kinetik parallel to make more volts and have more power to the amp

i already have true 4gauge cooper cable to my amp and 8 gauge to the kinetik

battery rest at 13.2

is there something i have done wrong?

i been doing car audio since i wus i guess 4yrs old and now im 16 and cant understand how a 122 dollar battery act like this?

any help is aprecciated

thx and god bless you

Last edited by a moderator:
for me too lol

but somehow i decided to go for true 8g cooper wire since at alexis electronix shop told me that thats how its build from the inside wires

and he said that putting more cable to the inverter wont help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

but i will change it to 4g anyways and let u kno :)

I'm guessing the batt and power supply are rather close so the wire isn't the problem but dropping to 11.5 is the power supply not being able to keep up the demand for amperage and the battery at no load rest is 13.2 so it's good but I'm guessing the battery is small and your pushing it to its limits as far as amp draw so you may want a second one to help some but it sounds About right your not going to get 14.4 without a serious power supply and a large bank of battery's just wait u til you get a car it will be much easier and slightly cheaper!

nice guessing C:

yes they are close thought

i would guess about 4-9 ft away

and yes the battery is amazinly small that i even though i got a toy batt at first but once tested on my old multimeter it read the 13volts

in car with stock batt the voltage drops around 12 and something..if i have to take a guess no lower then12.6 because 125amps x14volts = little higher then 1700watts on my moms white van, but i havent tried with the kinetik yet

but somehow i want it in the house so then on this summer i could have the chance to work and get a car or truck and put all of my LOUD lil system on it lol

but what will make me happy is that voltage wont go below 12v at least cuz the epicenter doesnt do good with the effect at range of 12volts and below //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif and thx thats what i thought of too C:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.