Still looking for 750-1000w rms amp under 200

akillj
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CA
I've looked into this in my previous thread. Someone mentioned the Soundstream TN1.1200D and the Kicker 750.1. There's a few 750.1's on ebay (the 06' version) and the TN1 I found for about 200 bucks.

The TN1 only accepts 8 guage max for the power wire, and is rated at 1050W rms @ 2 ohms. Is that a reliable spec? I only have 4 guage wire, Could i just trim around it and stick it into the terminal of the amp if I got the TN1? It seems weird that it can output 1kw and only use 8 guage wire.

I couldn't find either of those for under 200. They go over my budget. What about the amps I mentioned in the OP?

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I still keep looking back at the TN1. It looks great and I think it would be perfect, but will it really do rated power? (Especially cause it only accepts 8 gauge)

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I still keep looking back at the TN1. It looks great and I think it would be perfect, but will it really do rated power? (Especially cause it only accepts 8 gauge)
its got fusing to back up the numbers. if you look on the website here Soundstream TN1.1200D Tarantula Nano 1200W 1-Channel Amp - SoundstreamOnlineStore.com 814-201-2256

it looks like the power and grond are bigger than the speaker terminals and i thought it said the speaker terminals were 8g? maybe a misprint and actually has 4g inputs cause with 120 amps of fusing NO 8g can supply that

Oh okay. Yeah I can see the power/ground are bigger now that you pointed it out. Thank you. Would that be a decent selection for an amp? Is soundstream a reputable company? ( Don't know too much about car audio )

it was better back in the day. i hear some good some bad but i have no personal experience. what are you trying to power? and what electrical upgrades to the car do you have?

Big 3 and a D5100R. I'm still deciding on subs. I'm thinking of going with the either two Solobaric L3's or one L7 12''. My goal is SPL > SQ. I don't want to jump above 1kw, cause I don't want to have to upgrade my alt / add batteries.

well you should decide on what subs. otherwise i got my amp about does 800 @ 2. if youdid a sa 15 OA 15 or other 15 in 3 to 3.5 tuned to 38hz it would be a nice SPL set up.

Boston gt28 $150+ship...1.2k+@2

045e4077.jpg

What about the Hifonics 1500D? I heard that the HFI series doesn't do rated power, then i've heard they're under rated. i would definitely pick that up if it did rated, but i'm unsure.

Thanks for the post GVP. I'll look into it.

What about the Hifonics 1500D? I heard that the HFI series doesn't do rated power, then i've heard they're under rated. i would definitely pick that up if it did rated, but i'm unsure.
Thanks for the post GVP. I'll look into it.
its not underrated ill tell you that but there ok for the money if you want hifonics get the brz line

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.