Stetsom V 5K2 E owners

well this is what was said

(Way better off staying AWAY from the Stetsom amps. They are very prone to smoke. Electrical isn't the issue, the design and construction of them is. No way to make them "better"... Stay with the Korean made amps, like Crescendo, Sundown, RD, DC, Atomic, etc...

Chris

dB-r Electronics)

well this is what was said
(Way better off staying AWAY from the Stetsom amps. They are very prone to smoke. Electrical isn't the issue, the design and construction of them is. No way to make them "better"... Stay with the Korean made amps, like Crescendo, Sundown, RD, DC, Atomic, etc...

Chris

dB-r Electronics)

That's what he said about Audiopipe amps too, but I had a AP30001D and it never gave me any problems. I also asked him to fix my US Amps USA-2000X(made in US back in 1999) and he said he wouldn't touch it. Another member asked him to repair a RF amp but he also refused.

I think personal preference has some influence in his decisions to whether an amp is good or not. Just because you bought a Sundown/Crescendo amp it doesn't mean it's bulletproof(there are blown ones for sale every now and then), the install has A LOT to do with how long an amp lasts.

yea install has everything to do with it most of the time. ive had my eye on the new crescendo amps and i seen the bench results and im pretty impressed

The only two issues I had with my V1k5H were 1. Fan noise and 2. Over voltage protect kicks in around 14.6 volts and my alternator was built to idle at 14.5 volts. I wish they had been honest about the 16v limit as stated in the manual instead of telling me "Our amplifiers were designed to run at 13.8 volts." Yeah, thanks a lot for telling me that AFTER I purchased the amp and had problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.