Stetsom V 5K2 E owners

matt.u
10+ year member

ohio
i am thinking about getting the 2 ohm version for a daily setup. i am hearing they like to catch fire and are real big current hogs. i will be pushing 2 hdc3 18's with it, 250a ea alt, 2 deka 9a31's big 3, and all 1/0. tell me what you think or know about this amp and what kind of power they produce.

you will be good if your running one of those alts, and both dekas for audio only... if you are using the batts for the rest of your cars electrical, i might suggest one more.... what impendence are the hdc's? what is going to be your final impendance?

Dirty as hell. You have to turn it up 3/4 to get it as loud as the k2d at less than half. I had almost double the battery and still would drop just as bad as i did with my k2d. With my k2d i use to be able play it all day without my subs getting hot. The k2e i couldnt even play a whole song with out getting them hot. I shredded my tinsel leads because of the dirty power it puts out.

They claim it does 20% more power than the k2d but I metered a 53.6 on the glass door open with the k2d and did a 153.6 in the kick with the k2e. I am always loud in the kick than on the dash

could your hu,voltage or something have caused this? or does every one who gets this amp it happens to them?

no it wasnt my head unit. I had a pretty good kendwood with 4v preouts. And i had 9 100ah batts on the 14k2e and use to drop under 12v. I had 5 100ah batts with the k2d and never had a problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.