Stereo West in Omaha

PRIVATEpastry

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Jul 14, 2005
Omaha, NE
Stereo West is the only car audio place that I've been to, but it has the best customer service of any store that I have ever been to. They really want to make you at home. During my current install, they've helped me a lot with suggestions and parts. Also, after every time I buy something or tell them something new about my install, they send me a letter saying "good luck" or "hope it works out well." Now that's customer service.

On to their products. They seem to promote mostly Kicker, but they have JL and Alpine stuff, too. They have a wide selection of HU's, and also a ton of sub boxes. Anything you could think of to do with wiring, they have, or would order for you. They have a pretty good selection of rims and tires, also.

Overall, I give Stereo West a 10/10 with an A+ in customer service.

_DjScrew_

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
May 10, 2005
omaha, nebraska
i've heard of them installing peoples stuff and then going and stealing it. always use a fake addy when buying from there

OP
PRIVATEpastry

PRIVATEpastry

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Jul 14, 2005
Omaha, NE
i've heard of them installing peoples stuff and then going and stealing it. always use a fake addy when buying from there
Thats crazytalk, where did you hear that from?

Decipha

www.EFI Dyno Tuning.com
10+ year member
Mar 23, 2005
New Orleans, LA
privatepastry... you smell like a stereowest representative to me

leave now or stay.. either way one day you will die! That's life's only promise.

OP
PRIVATEpastry

PRIVATEpastry

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Jul 14, 2005
Omaha, NE
No, I'm not a rep, I've just had good experience with that store. DJ Screw, whats your store of preference?

sagew

Jun 27, 2005
NE
I've heard of people having their stuff disappear after getting installed at stereowest too...I think the Lincoln branch is probably better, but Mobile Audio Design here in Lincoln is my favorite place to deal with. Very straight forward, honest, and they carry good gear. I'd trust them with anything.

Just my two cents.

Honestly, buying online will save you a TON of money if you know what you're doing. Shoot me a PM if you want some buying tips...

OP
PRIVATEpastry

PRIVATEpastry

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Jul 14, 2005
Omaha, NE
I've heard of people having their stuff disappear after getting installed at stereowest too...I think the Lincoln branch is probably better, but Mobile Audio Design here in Lincoln is my favorite place to deal with. Very straight forward, honest, and they carry good gear. I'd trust them with anything.
Just my two cents.

Honestly, buying online will save you a TON of money if you know what you're doing. Shoot me a PM if you want some buying tips...
Oh, I know how much buying online will help save money. I just go to Stereo West for odds and ends like ring terminals and wire and whatnot.

baggedmazda

Apr 11, 2005
Lincoln,NE
I know of this happening in lincoln i know couple of empolyes there and i was very common with some of the previous people that worked there. If you are in omaha check out metro audio a buddy got 4 treo 12 and 2 amps for a grand and it lays down

jbl_marshall21

important person
10+ year member
Oct 27, 2002
nebraska
i went to some store in lincoln on 'O' ST. and i can't remember what it was. Might have been stereo west cuz they did have alot of kicker, alpine and JL. But overall it was a good place.

mokedaddy

professional idiot
10+ year member
Apr 13, 2005
Siccmade house
I was an installer there for over two years and thats bullsh*t that they go back and steal peoples stuff. Maybe at one time someone may have worked there and then went back and took someones stuff, but there will always be rumors about that kind of thing. For what I made as an installer and what we used to get product for manufacturer direct, it would be incredibally stupid to steal product from one of your customers.

mokedaddy

professional idiot
10+ year member
Apr 13, 2005
Siccmade house
I wasnt saying it doesnt happen, I was only saying that people make it sound like that if you get your stuff installed there that they are going to come rip you off and I have not found that to be true. Yes they may have had some stuff installed there and yes it may have been ripped off, even by people that work or did work there, but it wasnt just cuz they got there stuff installed there.

Dozerboy

10+ year member
Feb 24, 2005
Socal
When I lived in Lincoln 5+ years ago my friends had a lot of trouble with Stereo West installs. I wouldn't buy from them, I also heard rumors of thefts.

pjm2211

bar-b-q or mildew
10+ year member
Jul 25, 2005
Omaha, NE
its not the installers stealing your sh*t........it's the loosers that hang out in the stores that never buy anything. They watch you spend all your $$ and follow you home.

xplcitcustmz

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Nov 26, 2005
Omaha, NE
Stereo west *****, talk about an audio shop that needs to learn their product, its pretty bad when the Installers own vehicles installs look like crap

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending Topics

Latest Classifieds