Stereo Question

I'm going to be hooking up a stereo that has 45x4 high power and the high quality of S/N100DB+. Can I wire in 4 OHM 140WATT speakers to the stereo and not blow the head unit?
You will be just fine,recommend on getting an amplifier in the future for the speakers

OP, if it's on the box, it's a marketing tactic. We can all tell you that 45 watts is actually more like 20RMS per channel. Fine for your speakers as long as you don't give them a clipped signal, but it's safer if you get an amp that's rated for what your speakers want.

when you see any box, manual, ad, etc... of 45x4 0r 50x4 that is peak power, when a manufacturer tests the decks at their facility the use a steady stable 16+ volt power supply to the unit, that is where they are able to legit state the 45x4. Any vehicle runs off of a 12 volt power supply via your car battery, so there is no way for you to get the maximum power output from the receiver unit. At the vehicles 12 volt power supply to your stereo you will get between 15 and 20 watts rms. If you want more power you need an external amplifier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.