Stereo only pounds with windows down?

its caused cancelation its due to how the box and port are set up. when the windows are down the sound waves are able to continue out with the window up it reflects back and cancels out some of the sound. what does the box look like ie. sub port up, sub port forward, sub up port forward. a lot of people with trucks have good results with sub port up.

lol my last setup was like that, 4th order blow through with 2 10's, windows up u dont hear **** on the outside, but windows down and sunroof open is a totally different story, trunk car

thats very common with reg cab trucks you didnt mention if it was a reg cab or not but it sounds like it. i had a reg cab dakota and it was the same way. try to do a single 10 in a ported box in there.

Yup, I agree it's very common for this. My crew cab does this aswell, although mine hits a bunch because 4x12's and mucho power, it has more bass response with both front windows down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.