Stereo keeps shutting off

Participant count
  • Participant list

Michael Jay

CarAudio.com Newbie
My wife and I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado and a 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ. Recently we took the factory stereos out and went with double DIN units. Both vehicles required new dash bezels which were readily available which tells me that this is a common stereo swap.

Both units keep shutting off and turning back on over and over again. We've reset them and mine worked for over a week and now it's doing it again. Both stereos were installed professionally by someone who has been doing it for years at the same commercial location.

The first fix on the Silverado was to disconnect the dash dimming light. That worked for a couple of weeks. I have not taken the Jeep back to have it diagnosed yet. The only thing that I can think of is that we didn't buy name brand units. The brand name is Soundstream.

Both units were installed with parking assist cameras. Has anybody else had this problem? What was the fix?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...