Steering Wheel Controls

Participant count
  • Participant list

Christine74

CarAudio.com Recruit
okay... Im totally losing my mind. Ive installed, reinstalled, checked, and double checked all of the installation and programming instructions on this Axxess Aswc-1 steering wheel controls. Its pretty straight forward, just 3 wires and a 3.5 mm jack. When i start programming the message I get is that one of the wires is not connected. IT IS FREAKING CONNECTED! Any idea how I can proceed? Could it be a bad device?

Thats my plan. I did a continuity check from the connection to my pin and it was good. Im going to check at the comnectorw for the unit.
When I installed mines it didn't want to work but what I found out it is the 3.5 mm jack on most SWC's that cause issues the never sit in the hole tight enough. Mines isn't the same brand as yours but when I was looking up info on this I literally saw that people had those issues with most of the SWC's no matter the company. I have a huge amount of wires behind my HU so after pushing it in as far as I could I think it just got lodged in a good spot. Try pushing in and holding the 3.5 mm jack while you attempt to program it if possible
I did this with the HU sitting on my lap making sure it worked before I put it back in and I discovered that the one issue that I thought couldn't be the problem was the problem that damn jack

Just did a continuity check at the wire the unit says isn't connected. There is continuity all the way to the unit. Im thinking there may be something wrong with it. If that's the case...uggghhh. at least I'll know.

I used the Controlpro cp5. PAC is the company. They seem to be very reliable as far as their products are concerned. Customer service was great. There are 3 different ways to program their SWC's manually, through a phone app and, by connecting it to a computer. I found this to be extremely reliable seeing as I could already have the unit programmed before installation and everything worked seamlessly. I called and got the correct programming procedure for my vehicle. Everything has been smooth sailing since. This is no knock on axxess but I think Pac maybe the go to guys for SWC's ijs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.