Steer me in the right direction

Black Truck 10
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a friend I am doing everything I can to steer her from getting subs from cartoys again. They put her in a Kenwood X5001 and 2 KFC-XW10. She already blew them. I begged her not to go back and we have until next Wednesday to decide if she just wants a refund or not. The installer tried to convince her she needed better subs and tried to sell her the Alpine Type-s for the same pre fab box. She finally agreed to let me give it a shot.

Long story short it needs to fit in the back of an Scion FR-S. Budget under $750. We decided she wants 2-10's and goal is SQL. The kenwoods are absolute trash.

She likes a tighter hit than the kenwoods, and listens to Country and Rap as well as House music.

The last subs I bought were the SI Mags V4(?) so I have been out of the game for a while. For tight and punchy and still loud I was thinking a DD Audio 8 Ported. I have also looked at he RE *** line. What are some big names for the SQL market right now? It looks like SI is only doing the SI BM.

no problem i can help you with everything or one of the other forum vendors can as well .what she needs is 2 10's around 150 each , a custom box about 150 shipped and an amp 270 ,so i could do what she needs for 720 shipped all new with warranty

Make sure the gains are set properly and she doesn't turn up all bass boosts etc
Ya that looks like it is how she messed them up last time. The guy at cartoys though did tell me how box volume did not really matter untill you get into the highend stuff like the JL Audio W7 . . . So I doubt he really was very helpful with her after the install.

Ya that looks like it is how she messed them up last time. The guy at cartoys though did tell me how box volume did not really matter untill you get into the highend stuff like the JL Audio W7 . . . So I doubt he really was very helpful with her after the install.
wouldnt let that shop install anything ,sounds like they have no clue about tuning or adjusting gains properly

I would love to try the new massive hippo 8" that sounds like a great place to try it lol. Find out what you might have air space for so we can give you better suggestions

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.