Stealth radar installs?

Radar jammers are illegal in all 50 states. The only frequency you can legally jam/scramble is laser. This is because laser is governed by the FDA whereas radar (X, K, Ka) are governed by the FCC. Jamming radar (if you can actually find one that works worth a flip to begin with) will get you a pretty hefty fine and possibly some jail time.
so if you can find one that will jam those bands then you cant get a ticket, but thats why u have it on a toggle switch to turn off if the cop pulls you over and say no i dont have a radar dector or jammer if he ask and then when he radars your car again you have it turned off and he will think his gun jammed haha

I saw this on vwvortex (its in either a jetta or gti)

P9240014.jpg

25displayinstall.jpg

For those suggesting radar jammers I would suggest NOT. I work on radar jammers for F16's and A10's , and yes they are on a different scale but any type of radar jammer/scrambler emmits harmful RF radation that can cause cataracts and heating of internal body tissues. Not to mention its HIGHLY illegal, not just state but on the federal level.

Radar detectors are one thing, jammers are a no-no.

Yeah that's quite an interesting statement.

I am also looking for a good stealth install idea for a honda prelude...

i like that one in the pic...wouldn't fit on my headliner but cool.

what kind is that where the detector has a remote out for a second display of what's happening?

I have seen a few stealth installs on ferraris and lambo's...on tv. I wanna say they were stock options, the display was just a few lights in the gauge cluster, it was awesome.

so is it bad for the pilots to? If so, how can they subject them to that without repercussion?
If you look at A-10's or F-16's the torpedo looking device is mounted on the right wing far away from the cockpit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif .

just a point, but if they do there job why would it need to be a stealth radar detector.
because with the gps, i get tired of having crap mounted to my windshield.

Furthermore, I like the idea of keeping as much as I can looking "oem" in my car, so a stealth install with the information display in my gauge cluster, would look "semi" factory. That is the point.

Also, people steal radar detectors around here, they break into cars for them.

I don'twant smashed glass for a piece of plastic that is already bugging me for sticking out on my windshield.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Shadow7874

10+ year member
Shadow7874
Atl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from