Steal a JL 500/5 that works 100%

centergod79
10+ year member

TEAM BEETEM
Item(s) for Sale:

JL 500/5 5 Channel amplifier

Item(s) Description/Condition:

This amp I fully tested when it was traded to me. The previous owner couldn't get the allen screws to the speaker out on a few of them and did a lil damage on the plastic head surroundings. Every single channel works, flawlessly. But you will have to take the top off and get about 4 screws out of the speaker hook-ups, or just solder your connection in, but I wouldn't recomenned that. I don't want to bother with it, so I'll sell it to you, and you can get the screws out. JL amps are known to do this with the screws they use.

10/10 mech

9/10 cosmetically except screw ports

Price:

200 shipped

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

will be shipped fedexView attachment 26535136View attachment 26535137View attachment 26535138View attachment 26535139View attachment 26535140View attachment 26535141

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

I'm interested. Tell me a little bit more about these speaker wire screws.... Will a machinist or someone similar be able to get them out without drilling the whole threads out?

Yeah, I'm sure they can come out, but it'll be tough. I would take the cover off of the amps and get them out that way, I wouldn't drill or anything like that. If I had the time I would take the amp apart and get them out myself, but a JL slash amp is no picnic taking apart, so I'd rather sell the amp cheap, then bother with. Basically pass the headache on, lol. But the amp does work 100%.

I have a 500/1 with the remote screw head a bit messed up, searched all over the web looking for clear instructions on how to remove it, still haven't found the answer... might attempt it over the winter months or check pricing locally to see if I can have them replaced which is probably too expensive. It's fine right now it is tight on the remote wire but I know it's there, don't plan on removing it from the car for a long time so hopefully it should be fine.

heres what i did on my 500/1 that did that on the power and ground screws. buy a single allen head that fits the original size. then put a dab of jb weld on the allen head and put it in the screw, letting it sit for 24 hours until it cures. then when it cures you have about 1 good yank to turn it loose. i got by with just doing it one time each on mine. hope this helps.

heres what i did on my 500/1 that did that on the power and ground screws. buy a single allen head that fits the original size. then put a dab of jb weld on the allen head and put it in the screw, letting it sit for 24 hours until it cures. then when it cures you have about 1 good yank to turn it loose. i got by with just doing it one time each on mine. hope this helps.
Sounds like a real creative idea

i can usually get a torx driver to fit snug enough to loosen or tighten when the allen is stripped.
I actually was thinking about doing this

Actually, I'm going to fix all of the screws and sell it for 325 shipped, I feel the screw being stuck is causing too much discontent, the screws being stuck is the reason this amp is being sold so cheap, so if I fix the screws then the only thing that will make it cheap as in 325 is how the plastic at the top of the screws is ate up as in the picture, but we all know this is a $500+ amp, so I don't know why everyone is worried about getting the screws out if you can get this amp for 150, an unbelievable bump

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.