Static noise in amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

moneypit

Texas
Update: I took the rockford back and got a JL 400. Problem fixed and sounds so much cleaner.

So i get everything hooked up today and **** if i dont have engine noise. Checked ground with MM and got .03 ohms. So i start traceing by un hookking and even with rca's un plugged, there was a steady static noise. Un plug all the speakers and hook up a spare with a 2' piece of wire and get same noise. Used a jumper from remote to the power wire to turn on amp with out radio. Same noise. Is there something wrong with this amp? It does it with gains up or down. Btw amp is rockford 400-4

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a kenwood 997 but the problem is the noise is there with nothing hooked up to the amp. Just power, ground & a remote wire. Thats why i used a jumper from the power over to the remote to see if somehow it was the remote wire. Im gonna take it out and hook it to another battery but im sure its leaking noise from the power side to the signal side. Really wierd. I searched all night and found a few that were simular and most talk about internals of the amp being bad

Edited OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.