static at low volumes only?

Participant count
  • Participant list

4runnercrazy
10+ year member

Mattchu
Danville,CA
one of my friends is hearing static at low volumes, so when he turns the music up the static goes away and when the volume is set to 0 there is no static.....it happens with the radio and CD's

is there a easy fix to this?

would it be better to check if the speakers have a problem or the deck (i personally think its the deck)

n e seggestions?

he just has a deck installed by best buy, that has been there for about a year, so iut has worked before

other than that nothing special such as amps just a deck with for speakers

sounds like a bad ground on the deck. I'd check that first to see if they used the stock ground (which they probably did) or if they ran their own separate ground wire. Cause the stock grounding points always ****.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.