Starting over with new car, advice and input please!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jeremy11

So I recently came across a whale of a deal on an old lady owned low mileage 1998 civic hatchback. I want to put in a set up that is good and loud, for a daily. No wall no super spl or anything. Just want to utilize the hatch/cargo area for the subs and amps, and probably a second battery. I will absolutely sound deaden it. I was looking forward to getting this designed /planned with you guys help.

So equipment I currently have,some I will use, some I will not.
6.5" silverflute mids. Alpine eBay vifa tweeters. Rockford t1 components 6.75".
Pioneer D8604(I think that's the model 4x100 budget amp), Rockford t600-4 soundqubed s-2250.
2 Rockford p3 12s. 2 Rockford power DVC 10s bnib circa 1997ish

I don't want to use the soundqubed amp it's just too big physically, so anew sub amp is in order. I think the hatch is too small for 2 12s so I am leaning towards using the 10s.

I going to get a prs80 and run active through there. No rear fill, but thinking of floor pods ,factory door openings ,and pillar mount tweeters. I have this idea of 4 mids and 2 tweeters, don't know if it will work well or not.
Pretty sure I will need a high output alternator and extra battery. Of course the big 3.

So if your still reading,what are your thoughts? I'm open for suggestions and ideas. As far as budget I'm not sure but not looking to just get out cheaply.

Thanks in advance

To run two mids per side you’d need them at 8 ohms, same driver, and bigger amp than the pioneer ... or an additional 2 channels of amplifier. Benefit of pod vs door for 6.5 is sound treatment Ease and corresponding midbass output.

those hatchbacks are dope. Those 10’s in a ported enclosure on an md1800 (1 or 2 ohm version depending on subs) would bang. With big 3 and rear agm you probably would not need a monster Alt

To run two mids per side you’d need them at 8 ohms, same driver, and bigger amp than the pioneer ... or an additional 2 channels of amplifier. Benefit of pod vs door for 6.5 is sound treatment Ease and corresponding midbass output.

those hatchbacks are dope. Those 10’s in a ported enclosure on an md1800 (1 or 2 ohm version depending on subs) would bang. With big 3 and rear agm you probably would not need a monster Alt
Sorry it's taken a minute to get back to you, been laid up with the flu. Can you go into a little more detail on the pod vs door for me? I do have 2 4 channel amps so I have enough there, didn't know if one was better location or if using both would work. So you think there's a possibility that with thebig 3 and rear battery that no alt would be needed,what a battery recommendation do you have. I like the hatchbacks also, this one is the economy model so no performance upgrades here. long time friend is a honda master tech said engine swap is the only way to get any performance and it's an automatic trans. I still like it for a commuter car. It may get wheels and coilovers but that's down the line.

anything will get loud in that, you can even get away with a single 12.. dont even need a rear battery since you dont want to do an alt. Just combine your battery and alt budget into one aka a 40 ah lithium under the hood. gives you more space in the trunk for the enclosure.

anything will get loud in that, you can even get away with a single 12.. dont even need a rear battery since you dont want to do an alt. Just combine your battery and alt budget into one aka a 40 ah lithium under the hood. gives you more space in the trunk for the enclosure.
I'm ok with doing an alternator the pervious guy said I probably wouldn't need one. Was just looking for clarification.

Thats sounds good. I will start there for electrical. Any recommendations on any of the rest of it? Also an agm thats a stock replacement? Its pretty small physically.
you have all the gear you need dude, i dont see the need to buy or change anything out. If the monoblock is really that big of an issue, then you can get a taramps md 3k but just reuse the soundqubed if you can organize and make room.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.