starting off

i only want to have to take it off once if possible. so it would make sense to find out what goes in there first then remove it.
keep in mind that most after market speakers that i have ran needed some kind of baffle regardless of mounting diameter... look at mounting depth specs. as well... it may infact be a good idea to pull one out and look at what your in for. sometimes baskets don't fit correctly even if the mounting diameter and depth are good fyi...

actually i would like to do more then that if possible. definately want a new radio all i have is fm/am no tape no cd nothing and i hate it. i would like it to sound very good. is crutchfield a good place to buy from? it says i have 6.5's and 6x8s" what are 6x8 i've seen 6x8 not 6x8
a little smaller than 6x9... my honest opinion here (not trying to be rude) read around awhile, most people here, me included, will tell you to focus on your front speakers (front stage) thats where you sit, so who cares about the back. i would recommend a decent component set to start, with a amp to power them. as far as a head unit, it's all about the features you want. look into head units accordingly. pioneer, alpine and kenwood are all good unit's for that. then i'd look into a sub stage after all of that... it really depends on what you want to do, what kind of music you like. this stuff can be much more in depth than just putting some speakers and a new radio in... also, as far as buying goes, check out some of the online sites on the home page here, or the classifieds here. alot of great gear can be had right here used (from reputable sellers, of course) for very cheap...

thanks outspoken is it ok if i use you for my go to guy? you've been very helpful. also are there some brands i should stay away from? like Walmart sells all kinds of cool looking things is it ok to buy there?

thanks outspoken is it ok if i use you for my go to guy? you've been very helpful. also are there some brands i should stay away from? like Walmart sells all kinds of cool looking things is it ok to buy there?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif these guys are gonna flame the hell out of you... i wouldn't buy anything from walmart, except soda and white tees...

ya my closest best buy if like way to far to go to. i usually only go there and look around during xmas or online so having them put it in is out of the question. hell i buy my food from a coop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.