Starting new business

For once I agree with Ranger.
The idea of running an audio company from home is less then ideal. Most of all real companies won't sell you product and any company that would will likely be found online for cheaper.

Not to mention, that in many states/cities it is illegal to run a business from home.
What would the state say about having a traveling business? Forinstance, what if you had a van with all of your installation tools and accesories. is it still taboo to have a sort of "mobile shop"

I know it's a completely impractical idea, but i'm just curious.

What would the state say about having a traveling business? Forinstance, what if you had a van with all of your installation tools and accesories. is it still taboo to have a sort of "mobile shop"
It would depend on particular state/city laws and such. You would have to have some kind of tax id info, business lisc, and some sort of insurance to cover the cars you are working on.

I would assume that if you are trying to do it legally it, there would be several issues to get through, but not that different then doing HT installs.

Not very practical, but I'm pretty sure it's legal. I know there are dog grooming and similar services around here that run out of a van, I don't see why this would be any different.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Not very practical, but I'm pretty sure it's legal. I know there are dog grooming and similar services around here that run out of a van, I don't see why this would be any different.

I also forgot to mention that MECA and other organizations have competitions in a town less than 15 minutes from here all the time... So the demand is actually pretty decent

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.