Started my first install

sungwei
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
lkj
What a pain in the ass this car audio stuff! I'm very fortunate to have two very patient friends who know what the hell they're doing and that are into this stuff. Otherwise forget it. I would have just opened the wiring kit and called it a day. So far we've put in the power wire, run speaker wires for one side, run rcas on other side. Today I made custom mounts out of partical board for my speakers cause I had to be cool and get a size too big.

I have to admit it is very rewarding when you complete a task. But it's a little disheartening when you realize you have so much more to do. I just hope all of this will be worth it and that nothing catches on fire when I test it out.

I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

P.S. How the hell to you post pictures on this site? I tried but it won't let me attach files.

I kinda feel the same way...but yeah it does pay off. I remember when I first got my amp wired up, I was sitting in the seat, had the car off, but key in the ignition. Then I said, "aight...let's do this" and turned to accessory so that the radio would come on. went and checked the trunk...no amp light on. Oops...the radio was off...my dumbass. so then I said "aight....let's do this" and pressed on (with my eyes closed, hoping a fire/explosion doesn't happen) and ..... it worked. So I was all happy and stuff.

for postin pics, you could just do it through the gallery thing.,

Very hard indeed. I try not to think about what's ahead of me, just what's gonna happen when I'm done... Good solid tunes. But doesn't a good system always consist of blood, sweat, and time? YES. I can't recall how many times I've been stabbed, cut, or burned while installing and modifying my car and car audio equipment.

Once you get everything installed, cleaned up, and looking good, and you hit that power button and turn that knob all the way to the right and hear what you've just acomplished, you'll feel pride like you've never felt before.

Jason

I just hope all of this will be worth it and that nothing catches on fire when I test it out.
If you take your time and do it right without cutting corners then it will definitely be worth it not to mention NOT cause a fire. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smokin.gif.f1dc8d2acb1809e863ebd6a47eaa0d45.gif

Adam

Realize that a lot of us learned from helping others and doing little weekend projects. We gained our knowledge over many years. You are jumping right in the deep end with out testing the water so it can seem overwhelming. Once you know how to do things in car audio that you never would have dreamed of; its a real good feeling to have. Hang in there and you'll be an audioholic just like the rest of us. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif Good luck on the finished project.

Thanks guys. Need the support. Well my buddy and I just put in another 5 hours. Most of it trying to get the stupid speaker wires through a tiny hole on side of car. It looked real sweet though when we were done. Can't see it at all.

Also mounted the speaker to the custom mounts I made and then to the door. Lots of drilling involved. A bit scary when you're drilling into your car but luckily I got it right and the speaker mounts well. I'll try posting pics in the gallery thing mentioned above. Why doesn't this site just let me post in the thread? It says I need to be an administrator. Oh well. I definitely want to show pics cause for my first time I'd say it came out pretty nice.

Man, put in a helluva lot of time today. Like 7 hours worth straight through. Still I feel like I have so much to do! Please tell me I'm not retarded or something cause I have the feeling that most installs don't take this long unless you're doing something super fancy which I'm not. It really ****** too cause right now I have no garage so I had to work outside in the freezing cold. Totally ****** ballz.

Good news though. I got the left speakers to work and I wired the amp and crossovers right! I would have done the right speakers but ran out of connectors, time, and patience. It sounds sooooo much better than stock! But of course it needs to be tuned. Also, the door rattles like no other. I'm thinking now I'm gonna have to use some kind of sound deadening material and I doubt the spray led stuff will work cause it's pretty bad. Any suggestions?

I'll be posting pics in my gallery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.