SSL 3000 Watt 1 ohm stable ClassD Monoblock

If he has a car built in the last 20 yrs...Probably.
You wouldn't be able to crank out 0db test tones at stated 14v power, but a 1000-1500w system will perform just fine playing music on an average stock electrical system.

Although a burnt up alt every couple years can be expected.
I ran 800-1000 watts on a 90 amp alt. Car quest battery under the hood and yellow top D31A in the trunk and 1/0 gauge power and ground.

I burnt up my alternator in 1 year. Bought it brand new. 1 year later it was putting out 12.9volts.

I ran 800-1000 watts on a 90 amp alt. Car quest battery under the hood and yellow top D31A in the trunk and 1/0 gauge power and ground.I burnt up my alternator in 1 year. Bought it brand new. 1 year later it was putting out 12.9volts.
Mileage varies.

I've been running 900-1500w rms in high mileage cars with 75-130A alts for over 10 yrs.

1000w shouldn't be a problem on an average electrical system, say 80-140A alt.

You can't be surprised by an alt failure every year or two, but that comes with the hobby IMO.

I'd rather swap out a warrantied alt every couple years than mess with an HO.

Mileage varies.
I've been running 900-1500w rms in high mileage cars with 75-130A alts for over 10 yrs.

1000w shouldn't be a problem on an average electrical system, say 80-140A alt.

You can't be surprised by an alt failure every year or two, but that comes with the hobby IMO.

I'd rather swap out a warrantied alt every couple years than mess with an HO.
I did about 3,000 miles on the car. I live 1 mile from work. And own 2 cars.

I won't be going back to stock alts on systems. Nor would I recommend it to anyone if they ask for my personal opiinion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.