SSA XCON vs SSA ZCON with a Crescendo Audio BC2000D

TheLittleRhino
10+ year member

Wondering which one would get louder. I always hear people say it's better to run a sub over its rated rms it gets louder. Either one would get a properly built box to spec just want the most output.

Or if you know of a bigger amp thats cheap and quality i could use that to push the ZCON

I just went with the Xcon, since it supposedly offers great SQ and SPL. The ZCon looked really good though, but I thought I would try the Xcon. I had the Icons in my BMW 745i and regretted selling them since day 1 when the car sold. I tried Skars afterward and felt let down.

I have the Crescendo BC2000D here in the office with me and am hoping to get it installed next week. Waiting on the CDTs to show up, my first time working with CDT so I'm hoping for great results. The Crescendo is a tank, very nice build quality. Whatever you choose will take about 3 weeks to build from SSA new, so may as well purchase and get the Black Friday deals.

Wondering which one would get louder. I always hear people say it's better to run a sub over its rated rms it gets louder. Either one would get a properly built box to spec just want the most output.Or if you know of a bigger amp thats cheap and quality i could use that to push the ZCON

Don't listen to that myth. There are so many factors in an install that effect output other then power that a statement like that cannot work. The 2000D is plenty of power for either the Xcon or Zcon. The Zcon has the most potential output of the two.

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

Wondering which one would get louder. I always hear people say it's better to run a sub over its rated rms it gets louder. Either one would get a properly built box to spec just want the most output.Or if you know of a bigger amp thats cheap and quality i could use that to push the ZCON

Don't listen to that myth. There are so many factors in an install that effect output other then power that a statement like that cannot work. The 2000D is plenty of power for either the Xcon or Zcon. The Zcon has the most potential output of the two.

i like the xcon in this situation. maybe its just my sq side coming out but i always had a soft spot for the xcon. if your looking to get jsut as loud as possible and sound decent doing it, go with the zcon. you can always upgrade power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.