SSA Evil6.5

I will have that date shortly, currently getting shipping squared away. 

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Its not chrome, even though it looks it. It is just an unpainted portion of the basket frame.
update?

what country are they made in? kinda liked the othjer SSA stuff being USA made.
I had no choice, these had to be taken overseas for our first non-USA speaker. You are part of a dying breed, as people pretty much don't care about made in the USA, as they will buy more expensive made over seas products than lesser expensive USA made products based on hype. I may sound cynical, but that is the way the market is going. Things are just getting too expensive and the race to zero is making it near impossible to do the smaller items here in the USA.

They are on the way to our NY warehouse now. Should be about a month and we will be shipping. Might launch a pre-order in a few weeks.
Might want to jump on Diyma and maybe send/high discount a pair to certain individuals over there. I know a few people over there do Klippel and are quite good at giving in depth reviews. Might be an idea to get the word out a little.

Might want to jump on Diyma and maybe send/high discount a pair to certain individuals over there. I know a few people over there do Klippel and are quite good at giving in depth reviews. Might be an idea to get the word out a little.
Thanks for the suggestion. Was going to start with that on the SSA forums as usual. I've put a lot of effort on DIYma over the years. Never caught on because we are not what the member base cares about. We don't have the "eleets" fanboys or the bargain "spl" fanboys either. So our brand seems to hover in between.

Thanks for the suggestion. Was going to start with that on the SSA forums as usual. I've put a lot of effort on DIYma over the years. Never caught on because we are not what the member base cares about. We don't have the "eleets" fanboys or the bargain "spl" fanboys either. So our brand seems to hover in between.
I feel ya. Its unfortunate because they tote themselves as audiophiles but only look at obnoxiously priced stuff. I am wholey impressed with the Icons SQ. I wish someone over there would talk notice of SSA drivers. Is this 6.5 gonna be more like a pro audio, get loud easily and sound good still, or are you aiming for more sq oriented?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

I had no choice, these had to be taken overseas for our first non-USA speaker. You are part of a dying breed, as people pretty much don't care about made in the USA, as they will buy more expensive made over seas products than lesser expensive USA made products based on hype. I may sound cynical, but that is the way the market is going. Things are just getting too expensive and the race to zero is making it near impossible to do the smaller items here in the USA.
Sad but true sir.I had a ZCon 18 in my Blazer a few years back.That thing was a pure beast.Tore that suv a new 1 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I feel ya. Its unfortunate because they tote themselves as audiophiles but only look at obnoxiously priced stuff. I am wholey impressed with the Icons SQ. I wish someone over there would talk notice of SSA drivers. Is this 6.5 gonna be more like a pro audio, get loud easily and sound good still, or are you aiming for more sq oriented?
Thanks, I am very happy you like the Icon's sound. The Evil 6.5's are an SQ mid that is still pretty efficient. So with some power, due to the higher power handling from the solid pole and large 2" coil, they can have strong output if called upon. The market is flooded with PA style equipment, and that is not our current direction.

You know what. Thats a stupid question. Come out with the driver and ill test it myself :3
Not a stupid question. You asked it due to the mass majority of the newly released speakers (non tweets and non subs) in the online market place are almost all PA's or PA style.

Sad but true sir.I had a ZCon 18 in my Blazer a few years back.That thing was a pure beast.Tore that suv a new 1 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thanks for checking out the Zcon. It really is a monster. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Not a stupid question. You asked it due to the mass majority of the newly released speakers (non tweets and non subs) in the online market place are almost all PA's or PA style.
What's it's usable bandwidth? It looks mid bass heavy with a fast roll off. Ideal for a 3 way

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

denim

5,000+ posts
SSAudio.com
denim
SSA HQ East
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date