SSA Evil 6.5 comps

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
I almost bought some a couple years back but jeffdachef advised he didn’t have a good experience with them. My brother in law bought some and literally had them installed and was ready to amp them and then his car totaled from a hail storm. I have heard good things from around other forums but just haven’t had a chance to listen. I think they do look solid for the price though. They are definitely some beefy things.

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
My buddy had them. I didn't care for them myself. Needed quite a bit of power to get loud and still not impressive. (this could have been tuning related) I would take Silver Flutes over them any day.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kickstand

Kickstand

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jan 1, 2021
Maple Ridge
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I mean they look nice but looks can be deceiving
I have it down to a few
The SSA's

Sundown SA 6.5
https://www.woofersetc.com/c-172-speakers/c-10-compon-speakers.html#limit=20&mode=list&order=created_at&dir=desc&p=1&cat[]=100&brand[]=238

CDT's
https://www.woofersetc.com/c-172-speakers/c-10-compon-speakers/p-12158-cl-650-cdt-audio-65-4-ohm-2-way-component-speakers-system.html

Or the one i'm leaning to is the Crescendo Audio

https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/crescendo-audio-mezzo-sq2-6-5-component-set/

With the stores all being on limited hours and even then you can't get in most places around here without an appointment it's hard to get out and listen to anything

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Do you need a setup with passive crossovers?

Kickstand

CarAudio.com Veteran
Jan 1, 2021
Maple Ridge
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No sorry I should have said that
I have a 360.3 so I don't think I'm going to use a passive crossover
I am also making pods for them

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Definitely do the raw drivers. I like SB Acoustics a lot too.

Reactions: Popwarhomie

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
I would do Silver Flutes, Stevens, even Dayton audios, SB Acoustics and I have been thinking of trying a 2 ohm set of CDT 6.5's. But the SSA Evils I have heard hit and miss some love them others despise them. I have a set of the Silver Flutes going in after my tri-lateral hernia surgery on June 4th and I recover along with a Dayton DSP-408 and a set of the Alpine Tweeters from china and I have a set of Seas as well that they came with. I got lucky I paid 45 bucks plus 10 in shipping to a guy on DIYMA for them and they had maybe a month or two of light use as he upgraded to one of those expensive Focal sets since he had the $$$.

Also I wonder why @Jeffdachef isn't around the past few months? He has so much knowledge in him!

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
I would do Silver Flutes, Stevens, even Dayton audios, SB Acoustics and I have been thinking of trying a 2 ohm set of CDT 6.5's. But the SSA Evils I have heard hit and miss some love them others despise them. I have a set of the Silver Flutes going in after my tri-lateral hernia surgery on June 4th and I recover along with a Dayton DSP-408 and a set of the Alpine Tweeters from china and I have a set of Seas as well that they came with. I got lucky I paid 45 bucks plus 10 in shipping to a guy on DIYMA for them and they had maybe a month or two of light use as he upgraded to one of those expensive Focal sets since he had the $$$.

Also I wonder why @Jeffdachef isn't around the past few months? He has so much knowledge in him!

I want to say he got married, had a kid, and got into rental properties. Probably too busy for the BS in this forum.

Reactions: Clifff150

Cynic0l

CarAudio.com Regular
Jun 28, 2019

Wondered the same.

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Reactions: hispls

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
I knew he was big into rental properties but didn't know about finally getting married and having a kid. Can't blame him though on some of the BS around here.

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Daytons are actually nice for the price. Parts Express has a few different models. I looked at these two models and both sound decent, one is 100 rms and the other is 50 rms so two options depending on how much wattage you want to run. CDT are getting a decent rep over at DIYMA from what I have seen of course the Stevens rep is widely known

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
I'm actually between running a Dayton 8" or Silver flute 8" mid bass myself in a 3 way setup.

I hear nothing but great things about the Dayton RS line.

Gary S

CarAudio.com Elite
10+ year member
May 25, 2006
Ex JL Audio Rep
The Dayton Reference line is really nice for the price. If you need a 5.25" look at Zaph Audio driver

Reactions: Bobbytwonames

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds