SSA Evil 6.5 comps

Participant count
  • Participants list
I almost bought some a couple years back but jeffdachef advised he didn’t have a good experience with them. My brother in law bought some and literally had them installed and was ready to amp them and then his car totaled from a hail storm. I have heard good things from around other forums but just haven’t had a chance to listen. I think they do look solid for the price though. They are definitely some beefy things.

My buddy had them. I didn't care for them myself. Needed quite a bit of power to get loud and still not impressive. (this could have been tuning related) I would take Silver Flutes over them any day.

I mean they look nice but looks can be deceiving
I have it down to a few
The SSA's

Sundown SA 6.5
https://www.woofersetc.com/c-172-sp...created_at&dir=desc&p=1&cat[]=100&brand[]=238

CDT's
https://www.woofersetc.com/c-172-sp...65-4-ohm-2-way-component-speakers-system.html

Or the one i'm leaning to is the Crescendo Audio

https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/crescendo-audio-mezzo-sq2-6-5-component-set/

With the stores all being on limited hours and even then you can't get in most places around here without an appointment it's hard to get out and listen to anything

I would do Silver Flutes, Stevens, even Dayton audios, SB Acoustics and I have been thinking of trying a 2 ohm set of CDT 6.5's. But the SSA Evils I have heard hit and miss some love them others despise them. I have a set of the Silver Flutes going in after my tri-lateral hernia surgery on June 4th and I recover along with a Dayton DSP-408 and a set of the Alpine Tweeters from china and I have a set of Seas as well that they came with. I got lucky I paid 45 bucks plus 10 in shipping to a guy on DIYMA for them and they had maybe a month or two of light use as he upgraded to one of those expensive Focal sets since he had the $$$.

Also I wonder why @Jeffdachef isn't around the past few months? He has so much knowledge in him!

I would do Silver Flutes, Stevens, even Dayton audios, SB Acoustics and I have been thinking of trying a 2 ohm set of CDT 6.5's. But the SSA Evils I have heard hit and miss some love them others despise them. I have a set of the Silver Flutes going in after my tri-lateral hernia surgery on June 4th and I recover along with a Dayton DSP-408 and a set of the Alpine Tweeters from china and I have a set of Seas as well that they came with. I got lucky I paid 45 bucks plus 10 in shipping to a guy on DIYMA for them and they had maybe a month or two of light use as he upgraded to one of those expensive Focal sets since he had the $$$.

Also I wonder why @Jeffdachef isn't around the past few months? He has so much knowledge in him!

I want to say he got married, had a kid, and got into rental properties. Probably too busy for the BS in this forum.

Wondered the same.

Daytons are actually nice for the price. Parts Express has a few different models. I looked at these two models and both sound decent, one is 100 rms and the other is 50 rms so two options depending on how much wattage you want to run. CDT are getting a decent rep over at DIYMA from what I have seen of course the Stevens rep is widely known

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...