SSA Dcon Specs??

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I'm building my own subwoofer enclosure and the drivers that I have are two 10" SSA Dcons. When looking on their store's website (I will provide link)I found one set of specifications, I was going to ask them a question so I clicked on contact and was transferred to what looks like their manufacturing website (again I will provide link). I then looked up the Dcon on that website and found that the specifications were different than on their other website. I'm just not sure which numbers I should use, both the websites are SSA so this really confuses me. Thanks for all the help everyone!

SSA Store website:

DCON 10 Sound Solutions Audio 10" 400W DCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

SSA Manufacturing website:

DCON Series Sub Woofer

So I'm building my own subwoofer enclosure and the drivers that I have are two 10" SSA Dcons. When looking on their store's website (I will provide link)I found one set of specifications, I was going to ask them a question so I clicked on contact and was transferred to what looks like their manufacturing website (again I will provide link). I then looked up the Dcon on that website and found that the specifications were different than on their other website. I'm just not sure which numbers I should use, both the websites are SSA so this really confuses me. Thanks for all the help everyone!
SSA Store website:

DCON 10 Sound Solutions Audio 10" 400W DCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

SSA Manufacturing website:

DCON Series Sub Woofer
the one one manufacturer's website has not been updated, thats the old one. The new one is shallow mount.

Oh okay thanks, just a few more questions:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/A-tuaffXu8I/0.jpg

So this is the type of box that I am planing to make. When the two ports from each subwoofer come together, does that width, from where the ports come together to where the ports exit, have to be doubled? I would imagine it would because it becomes the port for two subs now instead of one.

Second question is what is the optimal box size for two Dcons? I was thinking a total of 2.5 cu ft. tuned to 32Hz. I listen to a lot of trap/dubstep, but also some pop and rock. Thanks again for all the help!

Yeah thats looks like a 2" port coming together to make a 4" where it exits so that is correct are you planning on kerfing that radius? Also Ive alrdy built this same exact box about a 7months ago and it hit a 151db and won its class here's the video.

Yeah I'm planning on kerfing just the exit of the port, not the whole thing. Also if the port has to turn in the box I was going to make 45 degree cuts on the corners so that the air isn't going around a 90 degree angle. I'm not sure how big my radius is going to be, haven't decided yet, any recommendations?

Also, do the seems of a ported box have to be air tight like when building a sealed enclosure? I know that may seem like a dumb question, i just want to be absolutely sure when I build the box.

And one final thing, I watched the video from CAF on youtube about how to design a box, but he did it with one driver and I have two. So my question is, when calculating the area of the port, I do the total volume needed for the subs (2.5 ft^3) and do I multiply it by 14? (he said anywhere between 12-16in^2 per 1ft^3 of space) or since I have two drivers do I multiply it by 28? Is this the area of the exit port or the area of the port for each driver? Thanks again for all the help! I know I'm asking a lot of questions.

Just knock the corners off with a sander until your happy if you have a router a 3/8 roundover bit works well. You always want your box as airtight as possible.

If any air escapes other than the port it will produce unwanted noise.

Okay so final question, as I've stated before, I'm trying to tune my box to 32Hz. I entered everything into winISD just like Mark did in his video (but with my own numbers of course), I followed him step by step and when I look at the graph, the transfer function magnitude is peaking at 36Hz. If I'm tuning it to 32 Hz, shouldn't the peak be at around 32, not 36? I've tried moving my numbers around with the settings, but no luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.