SS Rl-p or AA Arsenal

04AccordCW
10+ year member

hey guys i'm new to the forums and have a question. I have an 05 Type R and am thinking about switching to either a AA Arsenal or a SS Rl-p. Do you think either of these would sound better or get louder than my type R. i'm looking for sql and have $250 to spend. It needs to be a 12'' and the most power I can give it is 900 rms. any other suggestions on subs i may not have thought about.

i say either of the ones you mentioned plus eclipse aluminum, diamond d6, Alumapro ALCHEMY, Boston Acoustics G51244, jl w6, or 2 infinity perfect 12.1ds. you might also be able to find a eclipse sw8200, type x for that much.

i mean truthfully i doubt any of the ones i mentioned or you mentioned will eb louder then the type r except the infinity perfects and thats just because there are 2 of them. maybe the eclipse would. but they all will have close to or better sq.

really the type r that i got for half the price of those subs would be just as loud:crazy: . i have 500 rms on my type r at 4 ohms but i could wire it down to 1 ohm and give it 900 rms. would that be a better option? if i do decide to switch the box i'll be using is 1.85 cubic ft at 36 hertz.

You won't be disappointed with the RL-p. The sub is very smooth and keeps up with fast beats with no issues. The power you have for them is right up the RL-p's alley as well.

there is a sonic fx for sale in the classifieds being sold by skeptical, 240 shipped, would mos def kill all these subs you mentioned in spl and also sounds pretty dam good. quad 1 ohm coils and can take like 2500 watts easy. only get this if you are serious about getting loud and have the power/car upgrades like alternator to handle it.

if you go rl-p and go the 900 watts , yes it will be louder. If you put the 900 on your type r, yes it will be louder that what you have now. If you go from 900 watts on the R to 900 watts on the rl-p, i doubt you'll really notice any gains in loudness but the sq should be an improvement.

i just upgraded to Rlps from type Rs and i am plenty happy.... especially with the higer power handling.... orion 2500d FTW and even on the same power and same enclosures as my type Rs i was happy with the small increase in output and the ridiculous SQ i love my SSRLPS! i wouldnt go back to my type Rs if that means anything...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

04AccordCW

10+ year member
04AccordCW
Alpharetta, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from