SRT-4 Head Unit Problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

DonKing
10+ year member

Mississippi... YEAH!!!
Basically i cant get the HU to turn on...

Its a 2005 Dodge Srt-4. The HU is a Kenwood (brand new). I have the correct wire harness and AM/FM adapter, so i dont think its that.

But here is why im confused, a local shop told me i have to run a "Constant" to the red (Ignition) wire from the aftermarket wire harness. In other words im confused and dont kno how to solve this. Could someone inlighten me on if this is true or not, and or a better way of gettin it to work. Sorry if im not making any sense.

Thanks

Check for blown fuses. You only need to hook up 3 wires for the deck to work properly. +12v power(yellow), Ground(Black) and Ignition(red). The red wire will read 12v only when the car is on. Or the key is turned. Some times this wire is orange. Use the volt meter ot find it. Check fuses 1st.

The 2005 Charger doesn't have an accesory wire in the factory harness only a constant....You can run another wire to your fuses that comes on with a key...or tie the constant in your harness plug (yellow) to the constant (yellow) and accesory (red) in your radio harness ...twist both red and yellow from radio together and connect them to the wiring plug yellow.....you will have to manually turn your radio on and off then.....

The 2005 Charger doesn't have an accesory wire in the factory harness only a constant....You can run another wire to your fuses that comes on with a key...or tie the constant in your harness plug (yellow) to the constant (yellow) and accesory (red) in your radio harness ...twist both red and yellow from radio together and connect them to the wiring plug yellow.....you will have to manually turn your radio on and off then.....
Since the OP drives a Neon SRT-4 does the above still apply?

Is it Dodge cars in general of this model year or what?

I figured it out... i dont think i should admit this but there is two Yellow wires coming from the wireharness and i had the Dead one connected. All of this was caused by me not paying attention. So it all working and good. Thanks for everyones help!

Thanks,

Justin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.