SRS Airbag seat question- Honda Accord...

bchandler
10+ year member

Florida
I currently have my airbag seats out and my battery disconnected. I need to drive this week and I will resume my install next weekend. Can I bolt my driver's seat back in and not reattach the airbag connectors? (both seats will be disconnected, it is a 2 door). I don't want the airbag system to notice both seats are disconnected, and bug out so I have to take it to a dealership.

Basically, am I OK to reconnect my battery without the airbag seats being attached, or should I reconnect both of them to be safe?

provided you followed the correct procedure when disconnecting them, reconnecting them will be fine.

However, I would not advise driving the car with them unplugged

well,I disconnected the battery before disconnecting any connectors, if that's what you mean...

I just went ahead and put both seats back in and reconnected everything except minor connectors

Your SRS light will come on if you turn the car on with the airbag connectors discconected. I did that on my Civic before, and had a way of clearing it, I don't have to clear it on the newer Accord. It might take a trip to the dealer to clear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.