SQL SUB: DC Level 3 vs TC Sounds Epic vs Dalton HO vs Sundown SA

Participant count
  • Participant list

rocky123t

I am looking at the above mentioned drivers in the 12" versions and will be putting one of whatever i choose into a ported enclosure. I will have the enclosure custom built and am thinking of tuning it to 28-32hz. (Anyone want to build one for me?)

I want a sub that has good SQ and i will be doing most of my listening at mid-level volumes but want to be able to get loud occasionally. I want the sound of my sub to blend into the rest of my music.

So out of these subs which will be the loudest and also which do you think sounds the best? I have heard that the dalton wins the SQ contest but im afraid of it not being very loud. Let me know what u think.

Dayton HO and TC Epic are definitely the more SQ oriented subs. DC Level 3 and SA-12 being the more "all purpose" drivers. If you're worried more about SQ, I'd go with the Epic or the Dayton(would probably be happier in a sealed box though). Not to say that the SA and DC are bad sounding subs, just the other two subs are more "specialized". They'll all make loud noises, some just a little louder than others.

Okay thank you. Would there be any way to quantify how loud the Dayton vs the TC would be? or those two vs the Sundown and the DC lvl3? like decibals? Is the dayton HO or the tc sounds epic louder? I have heard from many many sources that the HO has slightly better SQ

And then does the dc or the sundown have better SQ? and then which of those two are louder?

Okay thank you. Would there be any way to quantify how loud the Dayton vs the TC would be? or those two vs the Sundown and the DC lvl3? like decibals? Is the dayton HO or the tc sounds epic louder? I have heard from many many sources that the HO has slightly better SQ
And then does the dc or the sundown have better SQ? and then which of those two are louder?
Determining which of these subs is louder or better sounding by evaluating them outside of an actual installation is impossible. You might want to go ahead and rule the Dayton out if you're going for output and sound quality. Like I said, those HO's are best used in a sealed box, which puts the Dayton at a huge disadvantage output wise. Similarly, the Epic is also happier in a sealed box. You could try your luck, model/have modeled a ported box, and see if the HO or Epic is to your liking. If you're not feeling adventurous, I'd say pick between the Lvl 3 and SA, both are good SQL subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.