sq tweeters that get loud ?

big scott

blazin low, and loud
edgewood, md
Hi guys,

well its time to start shifting over to sound quality. But I still want loud and im nt rich.....

right now im running 8 soundqbed super tweeters.

and I just fryed a few.. my falt.

anyway I have 2 on each a pillar panel and that what im going to use for 4 sound quality tweeters that will fit were my super tweeters are.

my amp..

100rms×4 (4ohms) or 175rms×4 (2ohms)

So what are some good sq tweeters I can use? For a good price.

and im going to start replacing my speakers for better sound.

also going to get 2 4ch ( active type ) . Something with ×10 crossovers . Because my 4ch amps hp crossovers only go to 3k .

but anyway thanks.

Your SQ tweeters can sound very good, turn the gain down as they'll sound better and you'll stop blowing them. Also do a little EQ/gain work to match them up with your mids. Tweeters do NOT put out a lot of sound....if yours were they were being way overdriven.

I run the SQ supertweets in 3 diff vehicles and am very happy with the sound and I've run most of the popular tweeters out there...

Your SQ tweeters can sound very good, turn the gain down as they'll sound better and you'll stop blowing them. Also do a little EQ/gain work to match them up with your mids. Tweeters do NOT put out a lot of sound....if yours were they were being way overdriven.
I run the SQ supertweets in 3 diff vehicles and am very happy with the sound and I've run most of the popular tweeters out there...

the funny thing is i did not blow them lol....

i feel dump..

my rca's feel out of my amp.. i feel like a dumb asssss. i was just out there trying to see why they stoped working as i thought i blow them. but looked at my amps and seen my rca's going to the driver side tweeters laying on the floor...

ya they dont sound bad but im really thinking ok going all out sound q.

exept my sub system as i want BASSSS.

im going to redo my system so i get the best sound stage/ and great high def sound.

im willing to spend from $100 to say $180 set or each.....

price ? condition ?

with me going sq should i just stick with 2 tweeters ??

right now im running 4 on each side.

and with these tweeters are they better off-axis ? right now 2 on each side is on- axis and 2 are facing the windshield at different angles.

also the 2 each side that is on-axis are slightly different angles.

i have pics on my build thread ( s10 blazer )

thats not what im saying or asking.

i never did a sq setup so im not sure if i should go with a set or 2set's you see what im saying ??

im sure im not going with 4 set of good tweeters.

my 4sets of tweeters get very loud just looking for better quality sound now.

price ? condition ?
with me going sq should i just stick with 2 tweeters ??

right now im running 4 on each side.

and with these tweeters are they better off-axis ? right now 2 on each side is on- axis and 2 are facing the windshield at different angles.

also the 2 each side that is on-axis are slightly different angles.

i have pics on my build thread ( s10 blazer )
Used but mint. You've seen my vid of them playing? And they are better on axis like most at this level. I don't want to split them but I will, $150 shipped, they are $350 tweeters

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

With SQ less is more. Quality over quantity.

no have not seen the vid.

and thats what i was thinking " With SQ less is more. Quality over quantity "

let me think about this.

did not expect an offer lol ..

i have to learn about all this sq stuff.

just slapping many speakers in my truck was easy to get LOUD . and it does sound good but.... im wanting more now.

thats what im getting another sub ( going to run 2 ) ether get another hdc3 15 or would love to go with 2- 18" but well see.

are the dayton 8" woofers good for sound q ? this is what i have ( 4 total ) Dayton Audio RS225P-8 8" Reference Paper Woofer 8 Ohm

i have my doors sealed up good, well ( about 90% ) need to do the rest.

i have a selenium st200 tweeter on the a pillar left and right - wired to an amp left and right at 8 ohms load to each channel id guess they are running off of 50 to 80 watts max and sound great -

but

i have an active capable amp runing them - with a good crossover network to them that allows me to play high frequencys only to them.

when i first had them hooked up everything was good - but i took out all my gear to build the wall and when it all went back in i had a big issue with ground noise and general static sounds ( still not sorted 100% ) but cleaning up that noise floor will help more than replacing any tweeter to another kind if the signal is not playing exactly whats recorded / picking up other noises / static / alternator wine ext... they will never sound good.

im actually about to take out the selenium st200s and move them to my back doors that only play when opened since im a 4th order wall now - because my dj friend gave me a pair of jbl 2404h ( baby cheeks ) tweeters to use to keep up with my 150+ db sub stage and still not sound like poo

anyhow - id say try cleaning up the signal as much as humanly posible - testing this with an external source and runing just the tweets by them selves at diffrent crossover points between 3k and 6k depending on roll off slopes will greatly alter how they sound in the environment.

i always HATED bullet tweets until i finaly heard some properly setup. its so eazy to make them sound like poo

4 chan amp with good crossover network for cheap = ppi 900.4 bonus = small footprint

i was just doing that lol wow great minds think a like lol...

i put the caps back on the tweeters,, was playing with the crossovers on amp,, setting gain lower, and so on.

they are playing more clear, and loud and clear.

im still going to get some nice sound q tweeter as im wanting more.

i want to me blown away with the sound. i want to feel like im in a concert .

i have good imaging right now as the sound bounces all over and some songe its hard to tell were its coming from. and thats whats i want.

and as for my amps.. both 4ch's are the same and they are active . i love these amps exept they only go to 3k crossovers.

so im going to get another set of 4ch amps with a x10 button for the crossovers. im wanting around 5 or 6k for my tweeters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.